High Performance Dellorto carb found!

GoldenMotor.com

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
What do you fine folks think about this carb?
19MM PHBG DELLORTO STYLE CARBURETOR CARB C1 C2 MT-A4 - eBay (item 230291117670 end time Sep-16-08 17:15:08 PDT)

Is this too big for the mighty 70cc? This seller does have other carby''s.....
Might want to read this post first. I dont know that he ever got this right......

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/need-advice-tuning-phbg-carby-2944.html

This was my choice and works great.........

http://motorbicycling.com/f13/18mm-mikuni-upgrade-1895.html

i-paint

May 24, 2008
Datz510, Do you know what the letters SHA or PHGB etc. associated with the Dellorto carburetors stand for?
Thanks,
i-paint

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I found that the SHA 15.15 work well with the stock intake. One just has to make sure that your jet size is matched for your altitude and motor. I havn't had any experience with the PHGB.... it has too many calibrations to deal with. These are simple motors, so making it more complicated doesn't really make sense to me. But I know some people like to be able to fine tune their rides more than I.

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
I have an sha 14 mm carb on my bike because my stock carb was just running too lean after i ported the intake and exhaust and bought a tuned pipe. It seems to run pretty well but the idle is terrible. for some reason the idle screw has a range of about a quarter turn where the engine will idle at about 200 rpms or cut out. Plus when coming down from high rpms the engine will almost always cut out unless you give it some gas to take it down slowly. Other than that at WOT this carb seems to run great.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Alright, I'm going to resurrect this thread once again rather than start a new one. I'm considering the Dellorto PHBG series of carbs. I'll be using it on a 48 cc engine. They come in 15, 16 and 20 mm styles. I was wondering if anybody had any additional experiences with these they could share and which would be best for the 48 cc HT. I would also like to know if anybody has any more input on this series vs. the Dellorto SHA group. I'm trying to build a track racer for the Spooky Tooth events so a moderately wide power band would be good. Thanks

xct2

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
I also have the 16:16 SHA Dellorto and im a big fan. Best part about it is that i seen mopeds that can go 50+ with them so once you install that you know the carb isint your weak point.

As far as cons, there's a lot more friction in the slide so when you come off of full throttle it takes a few seconds to go back to the idle position. Ipso facto, revving the engine doesn't sound as cool.

alienboy366

Jun 23, 2011
OC, California
We've been eyeballing that one for a little while. I bought a knock off version of that exact one. And just like that one and the HT, there are a bevy of jet size options.

Cool!(^)
I'm looking for an upgrade for my cns, could you show me an example of one of those delltoro replicas? and whats the price for the delltoros, from my research, they seem to be around 80$.

Hashbrown

Jan 15, 2018
The best part is that when you order Dellorto parts from that site, they include a 1"x2" Dellorto sticker. I hear that putting stickers on the bike will make the fake parts real.
Stickers also give you more top speed.