Cape Henlopen (Lewes, DE) Rally, Sept 18 & 19.

GoldenMotor.com

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Okay, here is the scoop on the event T-shirt. I need to order them quite soon, so I'm now taking orders for them. I'd prefer the orders to be prepaid, so if anyone is interested in a shirt please PM me for my e-mail to pay by PayPal.
The anticipated shipping costs (to me) were a little higher than I expected, so the prices of the shirts are a wee bit higher than I anticipated. If you are attending the rally, I can deliver these to you there. If you're not attending and would like me to ship it, shipping would cost $4.95 (Priority Mail flat-rate box).
Sizes M through XL are $16, XXL is $19. I would need your orders to be placed by Sunday (8/22). The finalized design is below.

Attachments

Last edited:

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
We are one month away from the rally, woo hoo! I can't wait!
I just booked my room at the Red Mill Inn. They still have 15 rooms available for that weekend, so if you're planning to stay there I wouldn't wait much longer to book a room.
Here's their phone number again, if anyone needs it: (302) 645-9736.

Last edited:

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
I just got the trophies ordered for the rally. The five awards will be for: "Best 2-Stroke Motorized Bike", "Best 4-Stroke Motorized Bike", "Best Whizzer Motorbike", "People's Choice Award" and "Greatest Distance Travelled".

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Just a reminder about the rally shirts. Anyone going to the rally (or not) who is interested in one needs to order it by Sunday. Drop me a PM if you're interested in a shirt. I'll be ordering the shirts on Monday.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Holy smokes! The trophies I ordered on the evening on the 18th were sitting on my doorstep when I got home from work this evening. I'll be ordering the T-shirts either tomight or tomorrow. I hope that company is as quick!

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
We're a little less than two weeks away now, and I thought I'd post some more information. First, the park gates open at 8am. There is an admission fee to the park, as we are not yet into the off-season.
The rally will be held at the basketball courts. I'm attaching a map to help you find it. I've crudely marked the route in red, with directional arrows alongside. The past two years I posted signs, but some disappeared and others were just not seen. So this year, in lieu of signs I'm posting the directions. Once you enter the park and pay admission, you will turn left shortly thereafter. You will then come to a T-intersection (Dune Road), where you will make a left. Follow this road and it will bear right (and become Post Road). Continue to follow Post Road past the Nature Center (on the left) and the Parade Ground (on the right). At the end of the Parade Ground you will turn left onto Queens Road, then make a quick left into the basketball court area. The road makes a loop around the courts, and we will be setting up there. In addition to the map I'm attaching, here is a link to a another map that you can blow up online. Though it doesn't show road names inside the park, it does show where the basketball courts are (located between the two youth camps). http://mappery.com/map-of/Cape-Henlopen-State-Park-Map

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hi Chris,
Sorry to say that I won't be attending the rally this year, maybe next. I had intended to leave Minnesota on the tenth of September to be in Maryland long enough to unpack, rest up and be in Delaware for the rally. It isn't going to happen. I have too many loose ends to tie up here, still have parts mid way in shipping for the Worksman build and for the Panther. Second thought nixed the idea of traveling across country with a trailer in tow as I think it is too much for the old Cherokee. I also have some family things here which need tending to, so I will prune down what I take east with me (one bike) and leave later than I had intended. I still hope to meet up with Crazy Horse at Octoberfest in Thurmont Maryland and would like to take a day trip up to Pennsylvania to meet your and your brother, maybe go for a ride and have our own mini rally. Ha! I'll be thinking about you guys and wishing all of you a great and safe weekend. Ride on...
SB

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Silverbear, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it. I was certain you'd be a shoo-in for the "Longest Distance Traveled" trophy. With all the points you laid out, it is certainly understandable that making the event is not feasible. I'm looking forward to meeting you once you get settled in Maryland for the fall/winter.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Bonnie wants to know if we should bring food?
I was thinking about that as well. I was debating whether to have a cookout like last year, or just make food runs on the bikes. I was thinking of a ride-out to the Irish Eyes Pub & Restaurant. But do want to make that a lunch or dinner run?
Let's get a quick consensus if we can.

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
Hi fellow MB dudes and dudets;
I'm new to the MB world and look forward to events with like minded folks. This is the first event i've found close to me and would like to attend. Is this event still on. I live in northeast Pa. I finished my bike about a month ago and enjoy it very much. I'm somewhat a rebel in my area and would look forward to riding with others. If it's still on, I'm in Thanks Bob Macdance1

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Hi fellow MB dudes and dudets;
I'm new to the MB world and look forward to events with like minded folks. This is the first event i've found close to me and would like to attend. Is this event still on. I live in northeast Pa. I finished my bike about a month ago and enjoy it very much. I'm somewhat a rebel in my area and would look forward to riding with others. If it's still on, I'm in Thanks Bob Macdance1
Man, it's still on. I'll be there with my wife Bonnie in 48 hours. We're going down Friday. I'm bringing 3 bikes. My 49 Whizzer, 99 Whizzer & my EZ bike. Hey Bob Mac book at the Red Mill Inn. That's where we're all staying.
Jay

Last edited:

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
Man, it's still on. I'll be there with my wife Bonnie in 48 hours. We're going down Friday. I'm bringing 3 bikes. My 49 Whizzer, 99 Whizzer & my EZ bike. Hey Bob Mac book at the Red Mill Inn. That's where we're all staying.
Jay
I'll be there fri evening. I'm staying in my camper. I tried to get a site in henlopen but it was full. I got a site about 3 miles away.