Venice Chopper Project...

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Looks cool, Norm. Still scratching my head about how to lace that rear wheel up! Is that a three cross pattern times two?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thanks everyone for the compliments! :)

The wheel building was acually pretty easy to figure out... It's a 72 spoke hub & a 3 cross pattern with every other spoke going to the opposite rim.

This bike's gonna look awesome with a cylinder tank behind the seat! (^)

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's a update... It's almost done, except I don't like how the tank looks behind the seat on this one; so i'm moving it to the fork!! ;)

Last edited:

poorboys bikes

Custom Bike Builder
Apr 18, 2010
wichita, ks
This is my favorite bike ive seen on here so far! love the back wheel, great that you used the huge spokes! Where'd you get the air cleaner? and why not fab up a one-of tank for inside the frame? either way, fork or frame it'll look sick though. if you produced a tank for the fork, id buy a bunch! almost all of my bikes have tripple trees on 'em! GREAT WORK!!! This makes me wanna get into frame building! I'll leave the wheels to the pros though, always had bad luck with lacing and trueing!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
WOW... I just realized that I never posted pics of the finished bike! :(
This is how I ended up mounting the handle bar tank. (I'm also gonna have 'em for sale.)
This was a great way to hide the gas tank; & these tanks are bigger that the rear seat tanks. (^)

poorboys bikes

Custom Bike Builder
Apr 18, 2010
wichita, ks
It looks sweet! would you be interested in selling me a frame just like this, fork, tank, and motor mounts??? Are you selling your tanks through pirates?

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The frame is from a company called No Name Bikes; the fork is a Felt; the mounts are hand made just for that frame & rear wheel, & the tank & bag will be for sale soon on my web site.

Last edited: