No Power

GoldenMotor.com

robertf

Jan 27, 2010
college station
Two weeks ago I put a Dax 80 kit on my Diamondback. It runs great and I've gone through 3 tanks at 20:1 so I'm thinking break in should be almost complete. The problem is that off the line it has no torque. A friend of mine has an 80cc that has been ported and some head work, same sprocket, and it has tons more torque off the line.

Tonight I put on a slant head, CNS carb, SBP expansion tube and it still has to be moving 5mph or so before it will keep running.

Is the porting the thing I'm missing?

edit:
I seem to have put this in the wrong forum, can someone move it to the performance section?
By Norman....
to the performance section it will go wait it is in the performance section?!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Every engine is different... Also, don't start expecting a lot of performance until it is fully broken in & you change the gas/ oil mixture.
They keep getting better the more they break in; Some of my fastest bikes are a few years old!!

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
It depends on how much you weigh. i weigh around 120lbs and my bike will pop a wheelie right off the line without peddaling.But if you weigh more you might have to peddal a little to get going

oldspeedsi

Nov 12, 2009
ABQ,NM
try the SBC pipe i assure you that you will not have that problem any more two pumps of the peddles and im off like the wind no kidding fat torque very nice plus it will sound like a dirt bike