mikuni carb question..help!

GoldenMotor.com

scabz24

Oct 16, 2009
dunedin fl.
I have a chance to grab a mikuni carb cheap,its a vm18-144 18mm carb I believe this is the right one could anyone tell me if Im right and what jets etc. would be correct for a 66cc{80}motor any advice would be greatly appreciated,if this carb is not the right one for my motor could someone tell me which one from mikuni would work,im sure there are lots of carbs that would be great but a motorcycle friend of mine swears by mikuni as the best you can get.thanks!

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
if you can get it for 30 bucks or less it's a steal. with light porting and any expansion chamber your bike will scream.

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio
I have a 25 pilot jet in my 18 mikuni and a 75 main jet. Needle in the middle. You have to make a bushing for the intake manifold as the mikuni is bigger there.

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
I have a 25 pilot jet in my 18 mikuni and a 75 main jet. Needle in the middle. You have to make a bushing for the intake manifold as the mikuni is bigger there.
Motorhead is correct, you will have to make a sleeve or bushing to adapt the
larger diameter carb intake to fit your manifold. I made mine out of a piece of
3/4' PVC pipe. I cut it about 3/8' long and then sawed a 1/8th slot in the sleeve,
so that it could tighten down on the manifold. It's going to be a trial and error
fit, but it works great, plus it insulates the carb from high heat absorption.
I also have a #25 pilot jet, the needle clip is on the top notch and I'm running
a #65 main jet. It IS the right carb for these enginesusflg

scabz24

Oct 16, 2009
dunedin fl.
Guys, thanks thanks alot for the tips I really appreciate it .Im new to this forum,and its very refreshing to see that most all of the people are no B.S.,and egos do not seem to get in the way of great advice,thanks again.