Design software

GoldenMotor.com

ryan2249

Apr 10, 2009
Visalia, CA
I'm not spamming here, I just came across this software that might be able to benift some of the builders here, especially the ones like me that prefer to draw, sketch, or CAD something out before starting to weld/cut. I came across this software called Google SketchUp, they have a free version which is pretty nice for being free. Anyways it allows you to make 3D models of your builds before putting them to work. The pro version of this software is $495.00 (I saw this after using the free version for about an hour, I nearly choked lol). Heres a link to get the software if you wanted to try it out Google SketchUp . Anyways I hope this helps somebody out.

Ryan

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Back when I lived in a cave and hunted for food, there was a program called Proto Cad 3D It would do almost anything a designer would dream of. 39.00 was the cost. If you can find it, give it a try. I have heard Autocad cost over 4000.00 !

ryan2249

Apr 10, 2009
Visalia, CA
In highschool I took AutoCad classes, At the same time I was in college to get my MCSE and had absolutely no interest in CAD (we had windows 2k pro on all the CAD PC's). I would rename the C:/Windows folder so my workstation PC wouldnt boot and I'd get the day off haha... My teacher never caught on even though I'd do this about 3 days a week, he figured every computer I worked on just broke for the day, I'd always change it back to working order before I left class, but man autocad really bored me back then.

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
If you are using sketchup, you can import a 3D bicycle that somebody else has designed to work with. File>3D warehouse>get models>(search for bicycle and choose one that looks like yours.

It's a great program that is relatively easy to work with.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Sketchup is an awesome program. Started playing with it a few years ago when I was heavy into electric R/C. I'd never done anything in 3d cad before and after a few hours of playing around I was able to make models like these.

If you want to look at them in sketchup they can be downloaded from here
Forestcam's SketchUp Files