why wont she idle

GoldenMotor.com

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
man im starting to get frustrated my bike wont hond an idle ive adjusted the idle screw numerous times the carb is level it will idle for like 30secs and then will die when i come to a stop from wide open the idle is really high ive done everything i can think of can anyone help

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How much engine run time do you have? Sometimes they won't idle until they are broken in.
You said you adjusted the screw...keep turning it in until it idles or the screw stops.
You may have to use the cable adjuster if the screw won't do it.

Have you checked for air leaks?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The things I would check for are, air leaks, dirt in float bowl, good wire & plug/boot, make sure you shake your gas & oil well BEFORE filling the gas tank, mix it @ 32:1... & last, make sure the gas cap is venting.

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
thanks for the info guys ive done all of these i actually have at least 4000 miles on my bike its my main transpo the oil mix is 30:1 and that seems to be fine it just started to not hold an idle after two weeks of riding in the rAin i got the carb washer from dax and ive gotten new gaskets fron dax also ive siliconed the throttle cable down just to make sure there were no air leaks i think its time for a new motor but the motor i have is so nice do you think its the carb since ive done sso much mods to it has anyone used the other carb they say the stock carb is for 49cc engines so maybe thats it i dunno if theres anyone who knows please help

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Do you think it's possible the magneto got wet, & maybe now it has trouble keeping the volts up @ low revs?
Maybe the "plug ins" on the wires corroded a bit?

Did you check to see if the jet & fuel inlet fitting on the carb are clean?

Clean your airfilter???

Last edited:

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
yea actually thats what i was thinking cause its never held an idle after i rode thru lots of rain so ill buy another one and well see thatnks guys

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
After 4000 miles, maybe riding in the rain got enough water in the engine to scuff the cylinder and you've lost compression?

skyliner

May 17, 2009
jensen
yea im ordering a new engine thanks for the help guys what i wanna know is why is the engine only 114.00 and the whole kit 119.00 ? so im buying the black stallion 80cc any body have any comments on that engine