panama jack fork options

GoldenMotor.com

xravnos

Apr 11, 2014
Miami
Hey all been lurking for a while and doing research on my first build will be posting in intro section and so one on my build progress, big plans little by little.

I picked up a panama jack cruiser, I know it's not the best bike but was at a great price and I liked the trim and color. I plan on swapping wheels to 11ga spokes with front drum. And already have a China girl on the way for the install.

So my question is pretty simple, I want to do the springer front forks on it but haven't really seen any with them except one on Google images with the stingray one. It made it look really raked. Is that normal or do I have to get monarch forks to not make it look that way. Or simply do the inexpensive springer fit. Thanks all in advance.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The cantilever springers (see pic) do stretch your wheelbase a little. They slow your steering a bit and make it ride a little smoother. I like the slower steering with the higher speeds of a motorized bike. The ones with a 1 inch steerer usually have a lot of threads on them so they fit a lot of head tube lengths.
I have bought them at swap meets and on ebay.

xravnos

Apr 11, 2014
Miami
Thanks so much. Figured it would fit just the only one I've seen so far seems like I was almost stretched even more.

The one you posted is pretty much how I want it. Got my speedo mounted, and I see a headlight will fit on that springer cool.

Man been riding about 5 miles a day to get used to biking again, and boy does she squeak and creak.

Attachments

xravnos

Apr 11, 2014
Miami
Well have her together now and working out some bugs. Still need to upgrade a few things so i'm happy... the wheels need attention stock huffy's are cheap and untrue. I don't like the chain tensioner, and going to upgrade to archer front brake and hub adapter for sprocket in rear. Stage one is complete. Stage two will be making her more of a vintage board tracker, then Stage three will be adding a side car for my daughter to ride in. :D.crt.

But she's together and i can break her in and enjoy her.