what would you pay ?

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
what would you pay for built aluminum crank case hafes and clutch cover and mag cover all to getter ?

how about a crank made from harded tool steel ?

.wee.
Diddley squat? Yeah.......not worth the time, effort or money on a cheap disposable engine as you're enquiring about........seriously.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I hear by apologize for anything that might have been taken as a meanie. The H.T. motors are great little motors. I hope someone revolutionizes them in better ways! I guess I was playing the devils advocate side of the equation. In reality these things cleaned up work good!!

If a fellow can find a 49cc H.T. with over sized bearings I think they have their best stock H.T. long lasting.

What I run currant run to me just trumps a H.T. 'Shrugs'

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi, they clean up,,,, ok,,, enough 2 get round without pedaling, but they will never b a screaming powerhouse. Looking 4 hi rpm will dramaticly shorten their life. Try & enhance lower mid & mid range power delivery & use them as they were meant, a way 2 get round on minimal fuel & at not big speed. Dont try making it a hi po motor, as Goat Herder said, u cant put a lot thru that clutch, thats why after bumping up the compression I added a pull start. Cheers

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Maybe you could design a bottom end that will mount the same as an HT, but use a top end from an older dirt bike. Just without gears, that would make it too expensive. I know you are going for a vintage look on your build, so maybe a mid 80s or whenever they were still air cooled. Did kawi or Honda make a 60 cc back then? Or was it only 85 and up? Anyway, I think people would buy billet cases for the HT if the cost was kept low and it used all the same parts, and the transfer ports lined up well and better crankcase compression. If you could keep cost under $80 US, I think you would sell a lot.

Last edited:

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
I agree, billet stock cases, with as much meat as possible round the mains bosses 2 bring the C.C comp ratio up a bit (then they'd take bigger bearings) & matched transfers. Cranks u could leave as is, just do something bout th pin. (it flexes). Taper fit 2 th crank halves, threaded & sloted for a locking washer & nut on th ends, maybe sized 2 fit an available bearing, even if it meant doing rods also, then they'd b able 2 b mde much more reliable & cheaply rebuildable, & I think u'd sell em well. Cheers

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
i mean, look how well they sell now, uno. BTW, does anyone know big end bearing size offhand, I cant remember, just know its odd & dont think any1's ever found a replacement 4 it. Cheers

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Hey Ivan , I am looking for a bottom bearing myself . I ordered one hopefully its the right size . I have two cranks and they don't use the same size bearing .

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi Headtrauma, different sizes,,, there u go. I spose, tere's that many different manufctuers over there. Hopefully u can get a quality replacements 4 1. Hey I've had 2 upjet. When I ordered the rse hed I asked recomended deck height, 0.030" down to 0.020". I had a measured 0.7mm so slapped it on, then asked 2 clarify deck height or squish clearance. It was sqish. Recently set proper squish & leaned it right out. .75 is way lean & .90 & the plug is black. Waiting on all jets in between. Cheers