Bairdco Custom License Plate Bracket

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
just made this up outta some thin aluminum and some alumiweld soldering rods.

the first hole i drilled mounted it on too much of a downward angle and you couldn't read the plate so i had to drill another one. whoops...

California license plates are so big and ugly, and it sucks trying to find a place on your bike to put it, and it's even harder to make it look good.

the pics aren't the best, but i can't show too much detail of the bike, for, uhhh, security purposes. ;)

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
also, i coulda made it longer to bolt directly to the axle nut, but i don't want it there. i don't like having anything inbetween the frame and the nut, like fender struts, etc. i like the wheel to have a good solid grip so it won't slip with the torque this thing puts out.

and the black overspray paint is just part of the scheme of my top secret race bike.

Frickard

Feb 27, 2011
La Mirada, CA
Wow. . . I saw this and figured people would jump all over it. Beats strapping it to the back of the seat. I guess nobody has a plate :x I'm definitely going to get registered and get my M1 license. I'd rather have the liberty to ride anywhere and not have to worry about the PD. Are you interested in fabricating a few of these and selling them? I'd be interested in purchasing one. In all honesty, tho, I probably won't be in a position to buy one for a few weeks yet. Looks good! Looks different, I like that. How's the wind resistance?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Was thinkin about using one for a heat shield for an exhaust. Bead blast it to raw metal or run it backside out....as long as it's displayed. I'll worry about it when and if they ever enforce it down here.

dnut