Looking for v-brake adapter plates (not the $30 ones)

GoldenMotor.com

Frickard

Feb 27, 2011
La Mirada, CA
Alright, so I saw the thread about these brake adapters: V-Brake Plate by MISC

But I seem to remember reading a thread about a different, but similar, set for considerably less money(Not these: Bikeman: Tektro U1 BMX U Brake Adapter Plate Silver Alloy) (around $10?). I could be remembering incorrectly, seeing as how I have searched all over for the thread I'm recalling, to no avail. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or know of a less expensive alternative? I can't imagine dropping ≈$70 on adapters alone.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well if you can imagine dropping $57 on a pair, just follow this link and that includes shipping. Otherwise I can't help you, but there are alternative ways to adapt them.....

V-Brake Plate by MISC

These are the adapters I use and recommend....they work great!

Or there is the U-brake adapter plate for $9.99 which is prolly what you were thinking of.....

http://www.danscomp.com/489057.php

None the less, $70 is a small price to pay considering the price you'll have too pay for hospital bills for not having proper braking POWER! Something to think about.

You can always go hydrolic disc brakes for $200-$300......

dnut

Alright, so I saw the thread about these brake adapters: V-Brake Plate by MISC

But I seem to remember reading a thread about a different, but similar, set for considerably less money(Not these: Bikeman: Tektro U1 BMX U Brake Adapter Plate Silver Alloy) (around $10?). I could be remembering incorrectly, seeing as how I have searched all over for the thread I'm recalling, to no avail. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or know of a less expensive alternative? I can't imagine dropping ≈$70 on adapters alone.

Last edited: