Cheap tuned pipe.

GoldenMotor.com

schulze 123

Oct 1, 2010
Australia
Hi Guys,
I have had good success with so called 'Quiet Tuned' pipes that aero modellers use. These when used with a longer header pipe increase the bottom end and midrange torque greatly and are very quiet. I have posted some images under the thread 'Hi from the land of OZ'

Cheers BJ

Joey

Sep 29, 2010
Australia, Syd
by far the easiest is to add to the header. start there adding like 5 or six inches, then try adding to the belly an inch or two at a time. with those cone angles being equal, there wont be a huge hit, but there will be a very obvious power gains. though not necessarily on the first try. the variable here is your exhaust port timing, but remember that the longer the distance that the pressure wave has to travel, the lower rpm the "power band" will be. with a 32 inch pipe, your peak power is somewhere around 13-14000 rpms.

I am very temped to buy this pipe,
im wondering if its necessary to actually extend the pipe? or should i just save up for the 2 stroke expansion pipe?

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
I got this pipe a couple months ago and just measured it up to my engine. It's way too long the way it comes, so I cut the bend out that sticks up in the picture (should be 11~12 inches to the beginning of the chamber). Need to work on the 180 bend to make it clear the engine or even going to send it downward, under the pedal crank. Local exhaust shop says they'll weld for $12~15 per weld, so I'm hoping to get away with only one weld, in order to keep the pipe cost from hitting the SBP expansion chamber cost...