gas tank for occ chopper.

GoldenMotor.com

EDWEIRD

Dec 5, 2010
SC
does anyone know what type of gas tank i could use on my occ honda powered chopper ? it needs to straddle over the tubing and it needs to flow with the bike. any pics ? thanks ed

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina
Hey EDWEIRD,

I have been looking around also. The little kit tank does not quite fit the look. I can't provide any pictures just yet, but I have seen several tanks online that fit the bill. Mostly in the Mini-chopper web sites.
I'll find some to post later, If you find some, please let everyone else know as well.

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
The best look I"ve seen is one made out of the tank off of a Jesse James chopper bike. I'm working on a couple tanks. One for behind the seat made out of a mini beer keg from Midwest brewing and a coffin tank made out of a 5 gallon kerosene can. Search ebay for enduro tank or bike gas tank and you'll find a lot of possibilities. The problem is finding one that costs less than my car is worth. First I'm concentrating on trying to make something useful out of the Barry motor mount. I don't know how to post pics on here but this is the look I'm going for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-...2792130QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
does anyone know what type of gas tank i could use on my occ honda powered chopper ? it needs to straddle over the tubing and it needs to flow with the bike. any pics ? thanks ed
Hey EDWEIRD,

I have been looking around also. The little kit tank does not quite fit the look. I can't provide any pictures just yet, but I have seen several tanks online that fit the bill. Mostly in the Mini-chopper web sites.
I'll find some to post later, If you find some, please let everyone else know as well.

Have you seen the gas tanks used on the Roketa MC-56,

SPECIFICATIONS : MC-56-50
CONFIGURE :
Colors available :

Red,blue,black,pink
Decals (Y/N) : Y
Tool kit (Y/N) : Y
Remote start (Y/N) : N
Remote engine stop (Y/N) : N
Remote alarm (Y/N) : N
Speed limiter (Y/N) : N
Assembly required : Front tires,front wheel fender,rearview mirror,steering hand
ENGINE INFO :
Engine type : Chain
Engine brand : *
Displacement : 50cc
Cooling : Air cooled
Max horsepowe : 3.2hp/7500rpm
Max torque : 3.3n.m/7000rpm
Bore*stroke : 1.5*1.6inches
Max speed : 27.9mile/h
Climbing ability : 15degree
Ignition : C.D.I
Starting system : Electric/kick
Battery : 12V/9Ah
Carburetor brand : PZ30
Engine oil : SAE15W/40SEF
Gear oil : *
CHASSIS ETC :
Clutch : manual
Transmission : international gear with 4 speed
Driveline : Chain-drive
Driving wheel : Rear wheel drive
Suspension,front/rear : Telescopic fork absorber/spring absorber
Brakes,front/rear : Disc/drum
Brake operation : Hand+foot
Tires,front/rear : 2.25-17 4.20-12
Fuel capacity/type : 1.8gal
Weight,G.W./N.W : 231.4/198.4lbs
Max load : 330.6lbs
DIMENSIONS :
Wheelbase : 52.7inches
OA L*W*H : 80.7*31.4*41.7inches
Height to seat : 27.5inches
Min ground clearance : 5.5inches

These gas tanks hold 1.8 gallons of petrol, you can find them at:
ROKETA,atv, exercise & fitness,dune buggies,scooter,gokart,dirtbike,moped,utility vehicle,motorcycle,electric&gas scooter,water craft,golf cart,bike,quad,offroad,motorsport,jet, sand rails, moped, snowmobiles,helmet,accessories,generator,porcelain do

Remember these mini 50cc motorcycles only have a 52" wheelbase, the gas tanks last time I checked sell for $80.00

Here's the roketa link showing the parts & prices for everything on the Roketa Mini Motorcycle Model# MC-56:
ROKETA,atv, exercise & fitness,dune buggies,scooter,gokart,dirtbike,moped,utility vehicle,motorcycle,electric&gas scooter,water craft,golf cart,bike,quad,offroad,motorsport,jet, sand rails, moped, snowmobiles,helmet,accessories,generator,porcelain do

Parts Detail

In the above link you scroll down to bottom of page for part#'s $ prices.

You can also try West Coast Mini Choppers- Frames,Rolling Chassis,Sheet Metal, Custom Wheels,Hubs,Live Axles,Tanks, & Accessories they have similar gas tank which I believe sells for $99.00 un-painted see link below:
West Coast Mini Chopper Product Index

Peace Crazy Horse.
.shft.

EDWEIRD

Dec 5, 2010
SC
thanks for the response guys. i've got pics of mine in my album. a friend of mine just bought one of those roketa's. he got it for $200.00. i threatened to steal the gas tank.if i have time, i might fab up a coffin tank being there are no compound curves to deal with, it might be easy.