San Diego Summer Celebration Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
The 1st San Diego group ride is scheduled for 10 a.m., Sunday, June 20th.

The ride will begin at the Ocean Beach Pier parking lot, travel along Sunset Cliffs, up Hill Street (hope you're in shape to pedal assist), then along Catalina Blvd. to the Point Loma Lighthouse. A short distance before the lighthouse there will be a $3 toll to enter Cabrillo National Monument.

After a short stop to enjoy the view, we'll head back to OB and meet up at Dog Beach. From Dog Beach we'll take the bike trail to Quivera Basin, get back on the road there and ride to the Mission Beach roller coaster for another short stop.

Once everyone has arrived, we'll pedal down the MB Boardwalk (no motors, just pedal power) to the Crystal Pier in PB.

From the Crystal Pier we'll make our return trip along Mission Blvd. and back to the OB Pier Parking lot.

Here's the URL for a map of the route we're taking: San Diego Summer Celebration Ride

The police are pretty cool about motorized bikes here in San Diego but PLEASE wear a helmet for the ride.

Any questions, suggestions or comments feel free to PM me or Badbooh.

Last edited:

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
You know I'm in!!! This route will debut San Diego's finest views, and coolest beach spots! Hope to see anybody, and everybody there!

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Yeap, we can park in the Ocean Beach pier parking lot for the length of the ride. I will look into the address, but if you check out the google map link maxvision posted, you should be able to find it from the 5 freeway. Like I said, I will get an exact address to you soon. There's gonna be all kinds of cool views throughout the ride so, might want to bring a camera. Happy to have you ride with us! Can't wait!

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
The exact address given is Abbott St./Newport Ave. however the address prior to the pier parking lot is 5744 Newport Ave. If your coming from south bound 5 freeway, exit Seaworld Dr. and make a right. Stay on Seaworld Dr. until it runs into Sunset Cliffs Blvd. Head south west on Sunset Cliffs Blvd. Stay on Sunset Cliffs Blvd. until you reach Newport Ave. At Newport Ave. make a right heading west. At the end of Newport Ave. the road turns right and turns into Abbott St. Just before this the Ocean Beach pier parking lot will be on the left hand side. June 20th at 10am. r.ly.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Cool, it will be nice to meet up with some more motorized types. I rode to Carlsbad and back (to Clairemont) for the Real Ale Fest at Pizza Port C-Bad...a fun solo cruise! Cheers!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
well be posting the insights for the next ride soon!
Guys, Summer's coming to and end (actually just started weather wise), what are we waiting for? Just a little reminder from a very avid rider....let's GO!

My oldest son is gettin married this Sunday 8-22 but that's a day away so any time your ready....let's GO!

brnot.shft..wee.xct2