Panasonic Road Bike - A little help please

GoldenMotor.com

CodaBrink

Apr 16, 2010
Coops, MI
Hi, this is my new bike,

and I have a few problems.

I can't seem to get the gas hose to fit around the carburetor valve. Maybe I'm missing something?

The spark plug has a chip in it, and I can't seem to get it to stay on the plug. I even have a replacement, and that doesn't seem to stay either..

I'm having trouble figuring out how to attach the clutch handle thing to the brake lever I was given. Any help?

Also, my bike chain is too long. Do I just go get a chain breaker for that?
Thanks for your help! Coda

Attachments

Last edited:

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
ok spark plug use a needle nose pliers and unscrew the tip as for the gas line i will get a better one for the auto part store and for the handle bars i will change it to a cruiser style or any style you will like except for those thats is just my opinion well hope that helps any

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
For the chain you need a special heavy-duty chain breaker...I learned that the hard way when the chain wouldn't fit in a regular one. What I ended up doing was positioning the chain rivet over one of the screw holes in the jaws of a vise, then putting a hole punch between the other jaw and chain. A few turns and it popped right out.

CodaBrink

Apr 16, 2010
Coops, MI
Ok, got the chain breaker, broke the chain, fitted it. all is good with that.

I'm still having problems with the clutch... Isn't it supposed to engage and dis-engage the motor from the chain? How do I do that?...
It's like the clutch is always engaged. I can't move the bike without turning the motor. Help please!!

Attachments

Last edited:

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
It doesn't look like you have the clutch cable connected to the clutch arm. on the last pic with the green highlighted area, that cable needs to go through the small hole on the alloy arm - you may need to back off the screw to allow the cable through the hole then tighten the screw around the cable - make sure you have the clutch lever out (ie normal position) and remove all the slack in the cable before you tighten the screw. Then when you pull the clutch lever in, the alloy arm gets pulled to dissengage the clutch.

Also, your fuel pipe will fit but you have to really warm up the end of the pipe first and use brute force to get it on. Use a clamp on the fuel line on both ends to stop it coming off.

Also, i think you'll find that the position of your throttle will be very uncomfortable on long rides out - you may be better getting some flat handle bars or use a thumb style throttle on the top section of the bars instead.

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
Ok, got the chain breaker, broke the chain, fitted it. all is good with that.

I'm still having problems with the clutch... Isn't it supposed to engage and dis-engage the motor from the chain? How do I do that?...
It's like the clutch is always engaged. I can't move the bike without turning the motor. Help please!!

Unscrew the cover, pull it off and turn the arm facing the rear of the bike, then install. sounds like you put it on with the arm facing outwords. that should solve that problem. if you can zoom in on my bike look it over. heres a couple of pics. 0315101453.jpg

View attachment Mixxmilkks 003.jpg

View attachment Mixxmilkks 002.jpg

Last edited:

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
Hi, this is my new bike,

and I have a few problems.

I can't seem to get the gas hose to fit around the carburetor valve. Maybe I'm missing something?

The spark plug has a chip in it, and I can't seem to get it to stay on the plug. I even have a replacement, and that doesn't seem to stay either..

I'm having trouble figuring out how to attach the clutch handle thing to the brake lever I was given. Any help?

Also, my bike chain is too long. Do I just go get a chain breaker for that?
Thanks for your help! Coda
For your gas line, I would suggest something like the photo I included.And just to let you know, you will have to twist your chain tentioner. as you chain will jump off/because of the angle. And it will have a tendency to loosen from it tilting to the front. So I place two bolts in between the frame to keep this from happening. I also put a butterfly nut on for quick removal. It helps when it come to removing the tire. 0503101156.jpg

0503101150.jpg

Last edited:

hpjc10

May 3, 2010
Medford
to assemble the clutch, pull the clutch arm so that its facing the back of the motor. the clutch cable should have come with 2 springs, the bigger one fits over the whole clutch line to prevent it from melting due to heat, the other comes in later. run the exposed wire through the silver thing that looks like a nozel facing the clutch arm, this is the wire stop. its on the motor, not hard to miss. put the smaller spring over the clutch wire then run the clutch wire through the clutch arm. pull the wire tight and make sure the clutch arm stays facing back. put the brass screw and nut on the wire and tighten it right up to the clutch arm. check to make sure it works by engaging/disengaging the clutch handle a few times. if you find it hard to still move the bike, tighten the clutch line at the brass screw, making sure the clutch handle is let out and the clutch arm is back

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
For the spark plug: unscrew the tip on the plug,leave off,then the cap will fit snug on the plug.
For the gas line, put the line on the carb first then the tank.
Secure that tensioner or you will need a new wheel soon.
Take your time setting up the clutch cable and levers and make sure it works correctly.

Last edited: