My New build (STINGRAY)

GoldenMotor.com

onefast68

Jan 25, 2010
texas
i am starting my occ this weekend..its an xl version,bought the 80cc kit from bikeberry with a pull start,mount and exhaust from from barry,#41 chain from tsc,bought the dual pull lever from spookytooth beings mine has front brakes..i would like to have a manic adapter and still might buy one later on.

DVBikes

Oct 27, 2009
Tampa,Florida
thats great to hear. im going to start disassembling it tommorow for im slowly going to add things and modify them. please post photos and tell me how its going AS YOU BUILD IT. may before its over wil have a competition on the best chopper. let me know has to be a new one no old ones already built. especilly if everones building one

mikldom

Jan 4, 2010
OBX, NC
Let me be the first to add.

If you got the pull start version, then you need an extended crank. The motor with the offset on the OCC Stingray, has less than 1/4 inch clearence to the left pedal crank as it is. With the pull start installed, you will not be able to pedal it.

I have seen on Crapbay that BoyGoFast has an extended pedal crank setup (3 piece), that looks like it should work. Others on here should have more expirience with this. In Fact BoyGoFast has a bunch of parts, tho his descriptions lack somewhat.

I got a dual pull brake lever, with built in thumb throttle from him.

As far as my build. I got my dual pull brake lever with thumb throttle, and barry mount off of ebay. I got a new set of front forks with the brake bosses on them with the fenders.

Still need to order motor and custom exhaust. You guys are inspiring me.

Tho I will add a jackshaft setup later, I am going to go ahead and get the maniac sprocket adapter as I don't want any play.

I will get a minibike chain tensioner (if I need it). I am thinking about an underseat gastank, mounted to fender.. need advice on that on what to build it out of.

/mike

Last edited:

onefast68

Jan 25, 2010
texas
mine is a xl version..maybe 10inches longer than a regular stingray so i am hoping i can mount the motor far enough back and clear the cranks..i will start taking pics tomorrow and start a thread to post them on.thanks for the info,i will check those parts out in case i need them.
Let me be the first to add.

If you got the pull start version, then you need an extended crank. The motor with the offset on the OCC Stingray, has less than 1/4 inch clearence to the left pedal crank as it is. With the pull start installed, you will not be able to pedal it.

I have seen on Crapbay that BoyGoFast has an extended pedal crank setup (3 piece), that looks like it should work. Others on here should have more expirience with this. In Fact BoyGoFast has a bunch of parts, tho his descriptions lack somewhat.

I got a dual pull brake lever, with built in thumb throttle from him.

As far as my build. I got my dual pull brake lever with thumb throttle, and barry mount off of ebay. I got a new set of front forks with the brake bosses on them with the fenders.

Still need to order motor and custom exhaust. You guys are inspiring me.

Tho I will add a jackshaft setup later, I am going to go ahead and get the maniac sprocket adapter as I don't want any play.

I will get a minibike chain tensioner (if I need it). I am thinking about an underseat gastank, mounted to fender.. need advice on that on what to build it out of.

/mike

DVBikes

Oct 27, 2009
Tampa,Florida
i would like to see an up close pic of how you fit the brake rotor and belt on the same side.
No problem i can do that tomorrow when i head to the shop.
and just as a heads up it bolted to the belt cog

Also i took my first test ride today and man this thing rides smooth. Assuming based on my last build this bike is probaly tops out about 40 assuming how much faster it was. There will be a hand built tank and extended exaust pipe. Currently i have P.O.S peanut and a bent stock pipe so i could be test driven.