Disc Brakes or Drum brakes.

GoldenMotor.com

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
Respuesta: Disc Brakes or Drum brakes.

ahhhh nice to see a pic with the Bracket. i emailed Choppers US and he told me it should work fine!

so you used an adpater to your stock wheel?? how do the spokes hold up?

i was going to relace the front wheel with a new Disc mount hub.

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
the spokes are holding up great no problems, the disc brake adapter srews on to the threaded part on your hub,and the disc screws into the adapter,does not use your spokes at all.screw on the adapter from chopper us,line it up with the disc,adjust the caliper,and your done,also I had to grind down the keyway on the adapter from chopper us,very easy to do with a grinder or drimel.heres a couple more pics for ya.

Attachments

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Im upgrading my caliper next week with a new avid one,I would like to be able to adjust my caliper a little more.I'll up date you with new pics next week.Randy

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats up tcam,hittin you back with an opinion...i would definetly run a disk brake,its definetly gonna throw you over the bars when you need to stop.i found a website that has everything you need Home - Choppers U.S., LLC, they have a billet caliper bracket you can bolt on to the dropout and all the other disk parts youll need as well. and a nice disk ready hub in black or chrome for only 20 dollars is a good deal in my mind,anyways check it out...