Which Tank For OCC

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
There has always been alot of discussion on the kit tanks. Some bikes they look good on and others they just don't seem to look right. I build all kinds of custom tanks, but they don't always look right either. I tried a couple different looks on this OCC bike and I have had alot of different opinions when people have seen it, so I decided to put the comparison on here to see what people thought.
Give me your honest opinion, Thanks.

John

Attachments

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Personally I'd check ebay for a small used motorcycle tank with a tunnel that would drop over the top bar more. Bit it's a great looking occ either way.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I like the custom tank, although they both look good. Visually the custom tank ties in with your headlight and the shape and direction of the down tube. Yeah, I like that and the fact that it looks less like a kit. I get kind of tired of those motorcycle wannabee tanks. Did you make that tank and out of what material? I lived in an old house a while back that had copper drain pipes. As I stared at one I started seeing a possible bike gas tank with end caps soldered on, but can't figure what you would do for the gas filler neck. Did you make yours or is that something one can buy? I wonder if there is aluminum tubing with end caps. There must be a supplier out there for the gas tank necks and caps. I imagine you're the man to ask. Nice bike!
Silverbear

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I've thought about using a copper 3" for a tank too. I'm leaning to trying a piece of 3" exhaust tubing instead. If it comes out to not be too ugly I was going to cut the filler neck out of my tank and use it with the stock cap. 18" of 3" tubing is about a half gallon capacity.