who can

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Bend a pipe into the shape of custom handlebars. The bike handle bars on ebay are ridiculous. I just want a piece of pipe whatever the diameter of cruiser handle bars are bent in a u shape with turn outs for grips on the ends. I might have to buy the pipe and go to a muffler shop to get them bent.

I don't need them chrome or finished just a bent pipe. I want them about six inches taller than a kid's ape hanger bars. Of course there is also the price consideration. I'm poor, retired, senior citizen, disabled, living on a fixed income lol .....looking for the senior discount as well.

In other words I'm cheap..

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Deacon have you thought about maybe using electrical conduit? I'm not sure if it would be correct size but it is real easy to bend. I bet you could get nearly any electrical contractor to bend it for you......................

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'll check the diameter of it. I can rent one of those bending tools and teach myself to bend it I bet. Ill give it a look.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
okay let me ask one more question then. Is there such a thing as a joint. You know like if you bent it into a square could you join the ends without welding them.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Deacon they do make some connectors that crimp on. You might use them and drill a hole throuh them and put a bolt in it....................

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im gonna take a serious look at the whole thing tomorrow when I go to home depot for the pvc fittings for my trailer.