Any Welders For Hire in L.A.? It's Almost Time.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Yes, conventional ones, the kind that go from the top of the seat post to the dropouts.
All welding operations have ceased for now. 3 gussets, 2 at the top of my unconventional seat stays and 1 at the top of the seat tube have been welded into place and then bathed in Kevlar laced fiberglass using my middle finger. I think I'd have to run over an I.E.D. to do any real damage at this pont.

The best thing about welding bike tubes together is actually when you are done welding them altogether. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Since there has never been any strength comparison of the 2 bike frame geometries, how would I ever know if the old standard is still THE only standard, regardless of the reinforcements used?

I'm not gonna throw a motor in there and go flat out from the get go. This is gonna be slow and methodical until I know one way or the other.

I also have to worry about the wheel axles that are extra long and are supporting motorcycle rims and tires that weigh a ton in comparison to bike wheels and tires.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Axles support the frame,don't they? The axle pushes down on the wheel,the frame pushes down on the axle.
The tires also sends shockwaves back into the axle if you hit something in the road and each tire/wheel combo weighs 20 lbs.

It should be fine but I have absolutely nothing to base that hunch on. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Instant Flat Black Attack.

No runs
No sags
No masking
No clean up
Ultra quick drying
Non-permanent

So easy a monkey could do it.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
9 watts of L.E.D. Hi/Low beam goodness, coming up! 7" in diameter. Bringin' the Heat Miser heat....... and the light. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Frame and forks are now painted. Forks were greased and mounted (for the last time). Final weight for frame, forks and engine mount is 41 lbs.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
look'in good

mike you're an inspiration
Thanks Buba. Let your mind soar.

I can't possibly imagine any of these tubes moving 1 millimeter. Even minus the conventional seat stays. It's been reinforced 6 ways to Sunday. Not even L.A. streets are enough to do it.

The motor mount itself acts as 1 giant brace holding the frame together.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I can't even feel those tires enormity at their max 32 PSI. The feel just like regular bicycle tires do really. I'll be riding at about 20 PSI though, for my spinal cords sake. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm goin' All Electric.

I'm gonna drop the tires down to 12 PSI, then I'm gonna go to Venice until I hit the Pacific Ocean. I'm gonna hang a right and head north on the sand until I hit Will Rogers St. Beach, then I'll get back on the bike path, then back off it until I hit Malibu. It shouldn't cause too much of a scene. LMAO

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0382638,-118.5542872,223m/data=!3m1!1e3

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
sounds like a good ride tomorrow-

I am sure the bike will do great

enjoy the day
It's not gonna be tomorrow. Might be a few months from tomorrow. LOL

I got's to learn this high tech battery first. I'll be installing a total of 8 of these things to propel me and my bike to roughly 70 MPH. I'm gonna need to install a seat belt on my bike. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Now you grabbed my attention. :) What's the game plan? Mid or hub motor, watts and volts?
No hubs. I'm done with them. I'll be using a 8" Motenergy / Etek PMAC-SS motor at it's maximum continuous rating of 7.2Kw, 100A, 72V, 22 lbs of terror, on a 16Ah battery pack.

The Turnigy's are just too dang long to fit in my two 50 Cal. ammo cans. I have to use 8 of these LiPo's instead. I need to be careful since they like to burst into flames, which is something I'm not use to with LNMC batteries. I don't want to roast marshmallows over my bike.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Cause I can't drive......55! LOL

Two of these, welded on each side of my rear rack. Capable of holding 8 vertical Zippy's and all it's wires and cables inside of flame proof vented boxes.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
It's back on like DONKEY KONG now!

I just scored two massive 40mm Grenade cans. 1 ammo can by itself is large enough to hold 12 Turnigy Nano Techs. 12 x 10S 72V 30Ah in one 40mm can. If they spontaneously detonate, it could be quite the light show going down the street. Especially at night.

The weight of my bike, when all is said and done, with 4.3kWh, 60Ah, 10S24P of Turnigy Nano Techs would be just over 200 lbs. With me on it, the total weight would be 400 lbs. The pedals will become nothing more than foot rests at that point. LMAO

Last edited: