My Schwinn Stingray

GoldenMotor.com

Scary G

Aug 15, 2012
B.C. Canada
I haven't gone all the way through this forum yet but so far I haven't seen a build quite like mine so I thought I'd share. This is no kit, its all fabbed by myself. I took a 50cc engine out of a pocket bike that was too small for anyone to ride anyway. The tank is a makeshift temporary tank that I will change as soon as I find something suitable. Its all I could find laying around at the time. Its a fuel tank from a coleman stove. I used a 12v battery from an emergency light system and converted a Harley signal to a headlight with a 55w halogen bulb. I then drilled through the black plastic on the back of the original Schwinn rear reflector but not through the reflector itself and installed 2 leds for the tailight. The biggest pain was fabricating a 6 tooth front sprocket from scratch and hardening it to get it geared low enough. It was a fun project and goes along quite nicely.

Attachments

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
welcom to the forum. very cool build! you will find plenty of info on this forum. i usualy dont even have to ask a question. as it has already been asked.

Scary G

Aug 15, 2012
B.C. Canada
welcom to the forum. very cool build! you will find plenty of info on this forum. i usualy dont even have to ask a question. as it has already been asked.
Thanks. You're not kidding, theres a wealth of info around here. But I guess thats the whole point of its existence.