GoldenMotor.com

gutter_rider

Jul 16, 2012
Orange, CA

gutter_rider

Jul 16, 2012
Orange, CA
day 1

the motor mounted really easy. drill though the frame for front mount. attach to seat post for rear mount. I can already tell the drivetrain is going to be the hardest thing to do. (chain does not line up with rear tire. TOOO wide.)

gutter_rider

Jul 16, 2012
Orange, CA
i had to buy new bolts for the rear mount, m6x1.0 80mm allen head.

The rear sprocket went ok. it needed to be bored out just a bit. also the holes did not line up with the spokes so i drilled new holes and also drilled the rear hub. now the bolts go through the rear hub and not the spokes.

gutter_rider

Jul 16, 2012
Orange, CA

I figured out the intake and exhaust. I'm going to use copper. (does anyone know how hot the exhaust can get, I'm worried about a melt through on the exhaust) the intake sits nicely off to the side with a simple 45'angle fitting

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
ouch!!
drilling through the frame has been known to make the frame crack.
That bike looks similar to an occ chopper and on the occ you have to offset the engine to the left to get the chain to line up because of the fat rear tire.

sure, you can use copper for the exhaust.
the exhaust will get very hot, but not enough to melt the copper.
The joints may suffer tho, unless you braze or silver solder them together.
I'm not sure how well a copper exhaust will look tho, and if you don't run a muffler, be prepared for it to be SUPER loud.
like i said, that frame looks very similar to the occ frame, and there are exhsusts out there already made for the occ, that MIGHT bolt right on and fit your bike.
Or, you could buy a chrome long pipe with a muffler for around $30.00, and modify it to fit.

That's a cool looking bike, but i hope you plan on using something other than the engine kit supplied gas tank.

Last edited: