spark plug gap

GoldenMotor.com

Bearster

Jul 9, 2016
California
I have a 8080cc motor. It's getting fuel and spark. I know it is. I've tested it. And it gets fuel. But it still will not start. Why? I have tried to reset the plug .It's a next, the one that came with it. I have not got it started at all. I just put it on my bike yesterday.brnot

Bearster

Jul 9, 2016
California
I have a 80ccc motor. It's getting fuel and spark. I know it is. I've tested it. And it gets fuel. But it still will not start. Why? I have tried to reset the plug .It's a next, the one that came with it. I have not got it started at all. I just put it on my bike yesterday.cvlt1

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Here's a thread to read. Lots of info and I'll bet you'll find the issue.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=35090

Don't forget to try full choke and pedal like you mean it. Apparently some engines can be a bit stubborn for a first start. There's too many possible causes so it's really best for you to read through that thread. You'll gain knowledge that will help you now and when you run into issues on the road.

good luck

Reactions: Bikeguy Joe

Jap crap

Nov 23, 2017
Recently I put a 80cc chinese engine on my bike, does anyone know what the proper plug gap is? It ran great the first day I tried it but now it runs but doesn't have any power. I was going to put a new plug in it thinking I might have fouled the one that came with it out trying to get it to run.
What size jet is in it.

Jap crap

Nov 23, 2017
With my performance Cdi I gap at .028
Your getting more power at 2.8 every motor is different its weird i have ordered 5 different motors that are supposed to be the same i put the same upgrades on them jets everything and some are way faster.one does 60 one does 50 one does 35.and one did 55 and the first one just sucked ass i got a cheap ass junk motor that went in the garbage lol.

Jap crap

Nov 23, 2017
What gap for you plug are you using

Greetings,

Bought and built my bike (Chinese "80cc" 2 stroke purchased off E-bay) about a month ago and have had no problems at all. Ride to work and back everyday - about 4 miles round trip. I live in Gallup, NM at about 7000ft above sea level and pulled the plug last night to see if it was running too rich. I have not changed the stock plug. When I pulled the plug I noticed that the gap was HUGE!

What should the spark plug gap on these plugs be?

TIA

G
Yea dont use the stock plug there junk im surprised it ran that long.

Jeffrotah

Oct 31, 2019
or you could just use RTV only
I put it on the manifold and bolt it up
I do the same with my exhaust
neither leak and the engine has 1700+ miles since late March
Gasoline saturation eats tee rtv and then turns on the gasket. It's not cheap but permatex 85420 is what machinist suggested to me..

Chrisbull420

Apr 20, 2020
Question, where my throttle cable meets my carb, does that area have to be sealed? My cable insulation, the outside tends to come out of the hole. The cable is still in there and attached. Would that cause an air leak?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Question, where my throttle cable meets my carb, does that area have to be sealed? My cable insulation, the outside tends to come out of the hole. The cable is still in there and attached. Would that cause an air leak?
It can. Wrap a bit of electricians tape or a dab of silicone and see if it improves.
You can adjust that play out of it so the cable housing it in there pretty good,but not pulling the cable up.

Reactions: Chrisbull420

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Your getting more power at 2.8 every motor is different its weird i have ordered 5 different motors that are supposed to be the same i put the same upgrades on them jets everything and some are way faster.one does 60 one does 50 one does 35.and one did 55 and the first one just sucked ass i got a cheap ass junk motor that went in the garbage lol.
KPH.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
One more thing- kinda iffy, but you can do it if you are uber careful- use some round jawed pliers (slip joint pipe grip type) and CAREFULLY give the barrel where the cable sits a LITTLE squeeze. If you are to rough, it's going to break.

Chrisbull420

Apr 20, 2020
One more thing- kinda iffy, but you can do it if you are uber careful- use some round jawed pliers (slip joint pipe grip type) and CAREFULLY give the barrel where the cable sits a LITTLE squeeze. If you are to rough, it's going to break.
I haven't had good luck with this bike, I'll try the silicone first..lol my luck I'll end up breaking it ‍♂