PVC Tank How To

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just adding to the discussion here... a soda pop bottle made of plastic is not certified for gas, oil or acid, but it will contain each one of them without any of them causing any damage to the plastic, and just like the pvc pipe will be affectd by sunlight so will the pop bottle over time, but if it is painted so the uv rays cant get to it that cant also be prevented.

The most critical thing to remember when making a pvc gas tank or any type is to make sure it is sealed and all fitting and connections are installed correctly.

Peace, map

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
quite bluntly IMHO you have every right to stay away from anything you want to stay away from, ...that's not to say that you are right but just that you are entitled to your opinion.

...frankly though, what exactly is it that you are afraid would happen? ...and why is it that you discount the opinions of others who have shared their experience with PVC as a fuel tank? ,,,don't their opinions count for anything?

it seems to me that there is very little to lose by trying it and an awful lot of versatility to gain so i won't hesitate to give it a go on my next build.

...but, quite bluntly, that's just my opinion.

...peace, bozo
Use what you want I don't care. But to me gas and PVC glue just don't mix. Happy riding.