build off (spring)

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
BA, you put waaaay too much thought into this. get some sleep.

if anyone here has checked out the ratrodbikes site, they have build off challenges all the time. it's a friendly way to goof off with someone you only know as an internet penpal.

if you want an informal build off, just say what you want, find the guys who'll go for it, and then, just build it.

that being said (typed,) i'll challenge anyone to a vintage old timey build off.;)

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Barely.... I think you're missing the point of having a "custom bicycle building contest"! If heavily modded frames (& tanks) leaves too few contestants? How many people do you really think we have here with the skills to truely modify a engine???
We're gonna end up with a contest where everyone just bolts on a bunch of Jims parts, a SBP pipe & a CNS carb onto a totally stock Wally World bike.... Thats not much of a contest... I can look at several pages of those bikes right now in the 'pics & vids' pages! :rolleyes:

If we're gonna have a contest of "bike building skills", Lets have a real contest of "bike building skills"!

Last edited:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
ok if you dont have a welder dont even bother all i know is that venice is def in teams or no teams this is gonna happen venice the bike i have in mind is def gonna take me atleast 3 mos i say we keep the 3 mos limit and if we finish early we call it i dont wanna drag it either there is no need for engine mods if you dont wanna do engine mods when i say chopped i mean cut a frame and make it any style you want. this is for fun even if i lose i will love to do it

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
whats up whats up? lol lets melt and mold some metal boys. All i know is my bike is gonna be sickkkk

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
This build off.....will there be categories such as best Cruiser....best Mountain Bike...best Road Bike...Best Stretch....Best Low Rider...etc...etc... ?....Reason I ask is I " think " I can build up a pretty decent Cruiser.....no way in **** I'd win but it would be fun to try !

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
i can't get an 80cc engine, anyways. all mine are around 66.

by taco's rules, this sounds like a chopper/lowrider build-off, and that just ain't my thing.

now if there was an ol'-timey motorsickle build off... wait, i'm already in that...the rustoration build.

whatevs, youse guys have fun. i got fenders to build for my new bike...
Bairdcos still alive?? I forgot.

Were missin' you at the build off!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
norm you can take as long as needed as long as its a good time frame i guess this is considered a technical build off it will include much work welding and shaping I would say its for the seasoned builder with tools not a pair of vise grips and a hammer lol and salty gator you can build a cruiser if you want just be sure to follow the rules if you dont know them read the prior posts so ya i guess i will go grab the new frame today yay best of luck to who enters be sure to say if ur in or out so we can get a mod to set something up maybee bareley awake can help