Cruiser or Mountain Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Im currently hunting on Craigslist for a bike to use for my second build. There are some mtn bikes and cruisers here and there but I cant really Decide which bike to do. M first build was a cranbrook from walmart and I now have an electra to swap the cranny motor. I thought Id start a thread asking you guys what kind of bike your prefer and why. It would be cool to hear some responses.

Mountain bike or Cruiser??usflg

Pics are nice.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
A mountain bike has a better pedalling position and has strong brakes. A cruiser looks cool, steers slower and has a longer wheelbase. Its personal preference.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I have not ridden a cruiser yet. I am seriiously considering building one just to have one but I like to ride aggresively. I've always have had mx bikes and loved my old Jeep cj with the 401 and nearly 400 hp. I see where the comfort factor is in the cruiser but when ever I'm out if I come across a canal or a dirt road I have to hit it full out and you just cant do that with a cruiser. I ride my bike to church on Sunday so a cruiser would be a welcoome addition in the garage also.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Im currently hunting on Craigslist for a bike to use for my second build. There are some mtn bikes and cruisers here and there but I cant really Decide which bike to do. M first build was a cranbrook from walmart and I now have an electra to swap the cranny motor. I thought Id start a thread asking you guys what kind of bike your prefer and why. It would be cool to hear some responses.

Mountain bike or Cruiser??usflg

Pics are nice.
Well if ya got a cruiser, why not do a MTB.I myself like diff styles of riding, so this is how I look at it. I have my cruiser for well cruises, and long distances, to the store and back and what not. And then when I wanna tear it up and do a lil off roadin, or winter ridin I can hop on my MTB. That way you have a nice looking clean show bike, and a dirty beater,lol. I dunno it works for me. But I seem to never be satisfied, so now I am thinking on building a road bike. I have the kit just looking for the right bike.

Last edited:

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I want to find a mtb with a v frame so I dont have to do any mods with the front/rear mounts. Im gonna try and add some of tcams style to it. whatever that means.lol

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I like the lower profile mtb like those in the pics that sick bikeparts has on there site, but its hard to find one that doesnt need a lot of work for cheap, and they're always on craigslist when i dont have the money!!!

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Ive been thinking. I may just get another cruiser frame and put some front sus forks on it. Thats all im really looking for. I just have to find the right forks that will work on a cruiser frame.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
depending on the cruiser you buy it might be hard to find quality forks for it.
if its threaded or 1" it's gonna be a pita

1 1/8 threaded you can swap out all the parts for a threadless setup and have a lot of forks to choose from.
How can you tell if its 1 1/8 threadless or 1" threaded/threadless just from looking at it.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I took a suspension fork from a roadmaster sx sport bike(bought like new for $20) and put it on my Schwinn delmar cruiser bike(new $99) and it fits perfect.