Butch's China Girl Motorized Bicycle Recumbent

GoldenMotor.com

Butch K

May 9, 2008
Princeton, MN
This is my latest build. It has a Dax 70cc motor and so far has been running real smooth. I think my first attempt at making handlebars turned out pretty good.They were made from 3/4" conduit. I will eventually be padding the seat but even the way it is it's pretty comfortable. I will also be shortening all the cables so they don't stick out so much above the handlebars. I like to paint my bikes with the brighter colors so hopefully the cagers will be more likely to notice me on the road.

Attachments

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
Re: Butch's China Girl Recumbent

Is that an all custome design? I would love to build one. I just know all the angles required for a smooth and stable riding bike. Did you an existing design as a starting point?
Looks AWESOME!

Butch K

May 9, 2008
Princeton, MN

Is that an all custome design? I would love to build one. I just know all the angles required for a smooth and stable riding bike. Did you an existing design as a starting point?
Looks AWESOME!
Hi captainrichhill,
The basic frame design is from atomiczombie.com. Then it's just a matter of customizing to adapt a motor and to suit ones liking. Good luck with your build.

Butch K

May 9, 2008
Princeton, MN

hehe was about to say the same thing lol good looking build you have there butch, how fast can you get it up to comfortably?
the motor isn't broken in yet but I've had it up to 30 MPH. the seat is actually 2 pieces of 1/4" plywood that was soaked, formed in a fixture and laminated.

Butch K

May 9, 2008
Princeton, MN

thats around what it should be for a dax 70CC. is that a 44 tooth sprocket, or different size?
it's a 36 tooth sprocket so I think I can get a little more speed out of it once it's been broken in. I don't want to push it too hard until I run a few tanks of gas through it.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA

thats good to go easy on them, for breaking in my bikes, i always go full throttle for a block, then idle for another, and repeat that cycle, and you will have a well broken in motor after about 5 tanks or 300 miles.