CLUTCH PIN and BEARING HELP

GoldenMotor.com

fistfulofsuss

Apr 6, 2009
Treasure Coast
Hello, I have lost my ball bearing that goes w/ the clutch pin.. I didn't know that it existed 'till a few minutes ago, is there any kind of replacement that I can buy at the hardware store or otherwise where would one purchase a brand new one.. Also, where does it go, behind the clutch pin I assume?? Please get back at your earliest convenience if anybody can help.. Don't know what I would do w/ out this forum, regards......

cls74

May 24, 2008
Springfield, IL
I got mine at a local bike shop, 10 cents each. I believe they are 8mm.

Ball goes in first then actuating rod, be sure to use grease on both.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The ball (bearing) is approx. 5/16" diameter. You might try Ace Hardware. I saw ball bearings there a few days ago. The exact size is acutally metric but a little slop won't hurt and you can be back on the road. While you have things apart and if you have access to a buffing wheel, smooth the end of the pin where it contacts the cam in the clutch actuator. I have also removed the cam and smoothed up the contact surface there too. You'll be amazed at the difference in clutch pull. Like the man said, clean and lube all parts before reassembly.
Tom

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
hey I have one of creative engineering clutch covers that has the modified ramp I need to put it on my bike his covers are a thing of fine beauty if you like machined things and I do! That is why I haven't put it on it so nice to look at. I understand they work great too.
Norman