Denver area installers

GoldenMotor.com

Mclaren880

Sep 26, 2013
Denver, CO
Hi, does anyone here have any experience with people in the Denver Colorado area who install motors? I'm talking to a guy who seems legit, but just wondering if you guys know anyone in particular.

Thanks!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What kind of help do you need? What engine on what bike? There are a few Denver Area builders/riders, all experienced and could probably offer some advice. We'd need to know some particulars however.

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
in my experience, folks that don't gain knowledge about the bike by at least trying to do the install have a LOT of problems with the almost daily inspect/tighten/adjust process needed to keep these running

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
in my experience, folks that don't gain knowledge about the bike by at least trying to do the install have a LOT of problems with the almost daily inspect/tighten/adjust process needed to keep these running
Ditto: And those that might be willing to do the installation for you don't want to be married to the bike afterward. They know that if you don't have the knowledge and experience to fix it yourself that they are going to be seeing the bike everyday for minor repairs and adjustments.
Take our advice and at least try to do your own install. You'll be time and money ahead not to mention that you'll learn some things along the way that will help you enjoy a reliable bike. If you need help, we're always here to offer assistance.

Tom

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
As said above, there's really no substitute for doing it yourself. Even if you take it to a member's workshop or garage to have access to tools, your best bet is to bring a couple of coffees and have them watch and advise you.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
As said above, there's really no substitute for doing it yourself. Even if you take it to a member's workshop or garage to have access to tools, your best bet is to bring a couple of coffees and have them watch and advise you.
Yes, when there's room & time I often have some guys using tools and advice - most give about 1/2 my labor rate for me to point and say 'do it this way'.

Mclaren880

Sep 26, 2013
Denver, CO
I definitely hear what you guys are saying about doing it myself. That's been a concern of mine. I might have inflated my bike skills a little hear... I can service disc brakes, do thorough cleanings, and do minor adjustments, but nothing too major. From what i read about these kits, i don't think i have anywhere close the tools/know-how needed to pull this off in my garage. I imagine myself with a ruined engine and a ruined bike. Without tools and someone with experience, I don't think i have a choice but to have someone do it.

So if someone could let me use their stuff and give me some points, i'd gladly pay them for their time. I live up in Wheatridge, but can go wherever. If done in the proper setting, is it reasonable to think i could do it in a day?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
That depends a lot on both your skills and the skills of your mentor. I'd plan for 2 days at least.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
For a basic set-up, I usually plan for a day of going over the motor then a day to install. Due to other demands on my time I often have to extend that a bit, often all I have to work with is 3-4 hours at a time. Every builder has thier own list of tips and tricks that can reduce or extend the time required. For instance, I like to oil soak the drive chain pre-installation for a few days to a week, then I have to hang it to let the excess lube drip off for a couple of days.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Hi, does anyone here have any experience with people in the Denver Colorado area who install motors? I'm talking to a guy who seems legit, but just wondering if you guys know anyone in particular.

Thanks!
There are a handful of guys in the Denver area that build motorbikes. Some are basic builders, others build high quality bikes with a plethora of knowledge. Don't be fooled by the craigslist builder; some are just out to get your money and sell you a POS. I know a lot of the Denver guys, a few do and/or claim to build bikes for others.

If I were fresh in the market for a motorized bicycle knowing the information I know now... I'd only be able to buy and trust a pre-built bike from any one of these 3 people/ members. Tom (2door), Duane (DAX), or myself (FRod81). Just because there is a lot that goes into building a motorbike than just slapping it on a bike and calling it good. Building a safe bike for longevity and reliability takes more then 1 day. From my experience and from meeting other riders... lets just say some are not as patient as others.

I build motorized bicycles on the side, 2 stroke or 4 stroke... mountain bike or cruiser. I get a lot of business just by riding around town and passing out cards and word of mouth. I have a portfolio of everything I've built along with some references. It just depends on what you want and what your budget is. PM me if your interested or if you need some help or advice.

Frank

usflg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I don't build for people simply because of the liability involved but if Frank, F-Rod81, will build you a bike I guarantee you'll get quality and reliability. I've seen his work, up close and personal and his bikes are top notch. Maybe you guys can get together.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I don't build for people simply because of the liability involved but if Frank, F-Rod81, will build you a bike I guarantee you'll get quality and reliability. I've seen his work, up close and personal and his bikes are top notch. Maybe you guys can get together.

Tom
Thanks Tom! (^)