what about a horn

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Back in the day, when I was playing cowboys and indians. (no slur intended its what we called it) The FBI also known as the fibbies, sent around a bulletin to us lowly street cops. It was beware of biker handlebars that fire a 12 gauge shotgun shell.

If the guy you stop, moves his handle bar as you approach look out. Fortunately I Never stopped a motorcycle. I did chase one through a golf course once. But I'm not the one who drove the car into the #6 water hazard. I think #6 was a par four for you golfers

Last edited:

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
Oh heck, just attach grenade and tear gas launchers with a few random police flash grenades handy. That will definetly get you some attention.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
On a slightly less destructive note I bet you could tube mount some bottle rockets and use a model rocket launch system to fire them! I bet it would get you noticed! (Probably by the cops) :p

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
I tend to like a tad more firepower myself. Also it might be fun to hook up a couple of high power Tesla coils. Nothing gets attention quicker than some lightning next to ya.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
NY city bike messengers keep a whistle in their mouth wile ridding. Gets your attention really well. Cheap. hangs on a string and lung powered. Here in CT it is law that on any bicycle (MB or not) you have to have a sound signaling device and I have been meaning to get one. Just one of them there things I will get around too, just as soon as it is to late.

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
Ever think about a dual brake lever? I'm trying to consolidate all my controls to reduce handle bar clutter. Mostly for safety reasons.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
rotflOld Motorbike you still got some room for a plasma rear monitor just hook it to the white wire. Dan me boy police wistol off an air charge sounds effishaint, could go awile small takes up less room on the bars too. I need a dictionary can't spell for darn. plasma hmmmmmrotfl:D

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
rotflOld Motorbike you still got some room for a plasma rear monitor just hook it to the white wire. Dan me boy police wistol off an air charge sounds effishaint, could go awile small takes up less room on the bars too. I need a dictionary can't spell for darn. plasma hmmmmmrotfl:D
Oh man, thats doable too. Imagine how loud that would be?

I have way to much on my plate but have been thinking about some sort of compressor powered by friction from a turning wheel. A small chamber with a pressure release valve so as not to over fill. Attached to a horn. The compressor would be about the size of the old bike generators. Nothing big. Secure it to the front forks. Dunno, just rambling.

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
"Who Luvs Ya Baby"

I bought a NOS 70's Kojak siren at a thrift shop . I was excited to get a battery in it and hear it go . The siren sounded great but it was barely louder than a whisper .

I then went on a search to find an older smoke detector the kind with a constant wale not the beep beep beep ones . I had to look no further than my fathers place . I traded him two new ones for his vintage 70's units . It was an easy task to gut the Kojak siren and replace the innards with the alarm buzzer and 9 volt battery . It is now as loud and annoying as it ever was as a smoke detector and I have control over the switch . What Fun ! I first painted it black but it didn't go with the bike so I then painted it white . ............... D.J.

Buzzer next to siren mechanism .

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
You Da Man DJ!! Very cool hacking! And a solar panel from a 9volt yard light to recharge the battery!!!

In the great words of the Baby's Momma; stop giving me ideas!!! I just got the winter project list down to 10. Now it is climbing again, snork.

Attachments

Last edited: