New guy checking in

GoldenMotor.com

2old2pedal2far

Jan 25, 2012
London Ont Canada
Hi. Recently my son showed me a picture of a replica board track racer. He was impressed to say the least...... me too. I guess I'm still a kid at heart .wee. We're considering building one from an old bicycle and have LOTS of questions. Nice to be here.

2old2pedal2far

Jan 25, 2012
London Ont Canada
Well........ I did a little reading on this site and have come to the conclusion that it is apparently not legal to ride anything, like we were planning to build, on the street here in Ontario. The worst part is knowing that I can walk into a store tomorrow, hand them my Visa, and walk out with a shiny new, offshore, electric piece of garbage scooter, and somehow be perfectly legal. It's a real shame, but remember, it's still a free country, AS LONG AS YOU DO EXACTLY WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO DO. Yep, I'm upset.
Glad I found this site, and thanks to all that have posted about Ontario laws in the past.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Hi :)

Build an electric then. I know there's no board tracker electric bikes but at least you can get onboard.

I can't find it but there was a 4500 watt brushless motor someone found. It's ment for a Giant RC airplane but that's no problem. As you might know many of the ele bikes have only 450 watt motors so you can see the potentialxct2

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Hi :)

Build an electric then. I know there's no board tracker electric bikes but at least you can get onboard.

I can't find it but there was a 4500 watt brushless motor someone found. It's ment for a Giant RC airplane but that's no problem. As you might know many of the ele bikes have only 450 watt motors so you can see the potentialxct2
build an electric an a fake or hollow engine from wood to get the look , fake them out an still be legal . dont just give up !
Gary
:-||

2old2pedal2far

Jan 25, 2012
London Ont Canada
Thanks guys,
Well I guess I was just venting before. I'm going to do some thinking before I throw in the towel. I do have a fendered "cruiser" style bike in the shed that my wife no longer uses, a couple of old 3 or 5hp (can't remember) Robin engines in the garage somewhere, a centrifugal clutch or 2, enough DOM tubing to make a springer style fork, etc. Somewhere around here is a Briggs vertical 3.5 that has a reduced speed horizontal pto on it. Heck I even have a couple of OLD but rebuilt 16hp horizontal twins in the garage manufactured by the Packard motor company, but that would be crazy and Heavy..... lol. We'll see.....

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah, a friend of mine there told me about the changes to the laws to cover MABs since we moved from London to Vancouver. It seems they're making more progress on taking the fun out of everything they possibly can.

Keep at it anyway, though. As mentioned above, there are ways to go electric as a DIY project as well. Post some pics when you get the project going.