it's like i'm bruce penhall

GoldenMotor.com

coryc

Jun 17, 2011
bullhead city,AZ
remember? in the mid-70's in so. cal. my sister wrote for the riverside speedway mag. no-one knew what speedway was then, but if you went to it once...o.c. or riverside track ....you were hooked. it had that same vibe...that same energy about it. IT WAS COOL. these bikes are COOL. you can feel the untapped potential, the, "hey, i discovered something here thats gonna go big but ain't there yet feel". i love these things. build 'em up or dress 'em down but get on board 'cuz soon everybody 'll have one and the parts you'll buy at walmart.buy some after market s&%t from these vendors.these parts make these cheap engine kits work like big name bikes.i live across the street from a big name harley run and the last 2 years my bike has been one of the big unofficial eye-catchers there.i spent less than a grand on each one (i got two) and wouldn't trade 'em for a fully dressed harley.ride w/ pride man....jack my shaft; twist my crank; spring my fork; fill my tank.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Hi coryc, welcome to the forum from Dallas.

I mentioned in another thread how China Girls reminded me of speedway bikes. I do feel there's a kind of similarity.

coryc

Jun 17, 2011
bullhead city,AZ
hells yeah....speedway 605....'cept they were mostly sprint cars but occasionally they'd run out there. and yes, he was on chips [good youtube vid] but thats after he went hollywood....before that he was world-dominating speedway guy.theres a bunch of old speedway guys out here at the river and i got 'em into building these things.we're going up to bonneville w/ some of the original australians in august. hope to get pix up there

Last edited: