needle valve

GoldenMotor.com

ct66rider

Jan 20, 2010
ct
so i lost my needle valve under my friends porch today where can i buy a new one or should i invest in an aftermarket carb?

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
Why would you tear down your carb under his porch? The light can't be too good under there..... : )

Sorry for your loss. We are just kidding with you. I can't stand that stuff. And you can't ride your bike. : (

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'd send you one but I shipped my last (wasn't even a spare) one out to some shmoe that tried to sell it with his other stuff in the swap shop...

gudenarrd

Jan 12, 2010
Boise,Idaho
I lost mine too and went to a small engine repair shop and found one that was the right thread but it had a longer more pointed needle one the end and it looks like all it does is keep the slide moving up and down for idle will this be a problem do i need to get the same exact one that fell out

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I don't think he means "needle valve". He's talking about the idle speed screw. To the member who found one at a small engine shop; If the thread is the same and if its long enough you can round off the pointed end a little and it should work. All it does is block downward movement of the slide (barrel) to raise or lower engine idle speed. The original one is steel so can be picked up with a magnet. Just hope the spring stayed on it or you'll have to search for it too. Do not install it with Loctite as one member suggested in another thread. If the screw tends to back out you can stretch the spring to help keep pressure on the head of the screw so it will stay in place.
Tom

Last edited: