Hullo from Washington

GoldenMotor.com

Ari Kohain

Sep 16, 2009
Everett,Washington
Was getting old too fast and needed a new interest to keep active. Well I found it in this little motor.
Have not had so much fun since I was ten and learned the differences between boys and girls.
I put the "so called 80cc" on a mid 80s Nishiki 26in with good road tires and the 44t sprocket.
After about ten miles all the factory bolts and nuts started to loosen so I went in to the local bolt supply and replaced them all with #8 quality bolts with external wire lock washers and all the problems went away, oh, this dealt with the rear motor mount stud breakage problems as well.
This has gone so well that the wife has decided to get into it with me. We plan to do a long distance trip at the start of summer, from Everett Wa. around the olympic peninsula or the Mountain Loop Hwy,not sure yet but eventually we will do both.
Now on to a question; Can anyone tell me a good but inexpensive light system? Like I said I'm old so those $150.00 kits are out of the question. Maybe a bit of advice on how to wire into the bike or any other advice you think worth giving. Best 2stroke oil.etc...
Thanks ahead of time and may all have a great day..shft.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum Ari Kohain, glad you joined us.

I think thats cool your wife wants a motorized Bicycle as well, what a great way to spend time with each other.

I use the Norman light, here is the link to read all about it. http://motorbicycling.com/f23/lights-7306.html

I have used many types of oil, I like the Lucas semi-synthetic it work great for me.

Ari Kohain

Sep 16, 2009
Everett,Washington
Thanks; Been on two wheels cross country 7 times. 3 on pedals 4 on a v twin. Maybe it's time for a new adventure. Maybe next sumer We'll do it on 66ccs. Might take longer but I bet we will actually get to see alot more of the vistas we usually miss. Anyway something to shoot for.
May your days be long, dry and warm, and always, always keep the rubber side down.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Welcome to the forum! Glad you got hooked ;)

I'm a tinkerer - I gotta be messing with something or I'll lose my mind. These kits proved just the thing to give me something to do and provide endless amusement as I vroom around pretending I'm 10 again :D

It's great that your wife is getting into it too - what a wonderful thing it is to share a hobby!

Hey - you've got the minimum 3 posts now, how bout some pics of your ride(s)?

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Welcome from Bellingham, WA. A few of my friends plan to do a small trip from Bellingham up to Mount Baker next summer.

Yes photos please of your ride.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Welcome from Duvall!! (Upstream on the Snoqualmie)

Lights - search the forums. Some good options. I live with battery lights - but I don't do all night cruises (and I've had them disconnected all summer on my test bike). I have the Norm light AND a cool Bell LED light - good combination.

Oil - Amsoil Saber is the best IMHO. But I'm always messing around with oil and gas. Just for fun.

If you need any aftermarket parts or Amsoil - just up the 2 and right on 203!

cunninghamglenn

Mar 3, 2011
WA
I live in Washington also, and I think I would like to try the Mountain Loop Highway this summer, once I break in my new bike and feel confident of it's reliability. I will make further posts to my Intro page soon.