Hi from the UK

GoldenMotor.com

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
Hello everyone.

I'm Gav and I live in the UK. I've ordered a Starfire GT4 engine from Transformercycles.com that will hopefully arrive before my birthday on the 9th (32 this year). I've been thinking about getting a motor for my bike for a while now and cant wait to get it installed on my old trusted steel framed mountain bike.

Hopefully i'll be saving a few quid on fuel too as its not just you Americans that run 12mpg cars for fun - I drive a Lancer Evolution as my daily driver and with rising fuel prices, it costs me approx £10 a day to run (I work about 6 miles away).

Getting rid of the Evo is not an option as I've wanted one forever so a motoredbike is the answer for me.

Cant wait.

I'll get some pics up when i take some (gotta clear out the garrage first...)

Gav dnut

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Welcome aboard.
What are the regulations for motor bicycles in the UK? While we are waiting for a pic of your MB build post a pic of the lancer with info IE: cylinders & displacement.

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
Ok, you twisted my arm...

Specs are...

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 2
330 bhp (running 1.3 bar boost) (standard they are 260 bhp @ 0.8 bar)
Permanent 4 wheel drive, Few upgrades inc air filter, exhaust and boost controller.

all this from a little 2.0 4 cylinder.

Oh, thats Nula - our cat being brave...

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
As far as regulations go for motoredbikes, yes you have to make them road legal - tax, insurance MOT etc to be able to use them (legally) on the road.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
At what speed does Nula fall off? Good lookig wheels!
Do the bikes have to pass inspection, or meet safety standards? Are these regulations standard or vary from city to city?

Attachments

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
Finished it!

Sarted first time and hasn't missed a beat. I've done 15 miles so far but she's only 1 day old!
I ended up using aa different frame than originally intended as it was much more of a neater installation.

I love it - still keeping to around 15mph while i'm running it in at 18:1. I can tell theres plenty of power there though :)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Nice build man! It'll only get better the more you ride it too - after break in it's like a whole 'nother engine :D

18:1 might be a lil heavy on the mix though, I'd go for a more conservative 20-32:1 tbh