Crank balancing results?

GoldenMotor.com

unior

Jun 18, 2009
Lancaster, PA
I sent my engine to Jim to have it balanced; he said that he'd be done soon. Once I have it and install it, I might make a thread describing how much it vibrates.
Thank you! My thread has been hijacked by those that think some innertube pieces are gonna fix a badly out of balance engine!

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
Thank you! My thread has been hijacked by those that think some innertube pieces are gonna fix a badly out of balance engine!
wonder if you could send the crank to a local engine machine shop that does crank balancing for car engines?.. worth a shot calling around

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
HT,

How is your latest engine performing?

I went through my orders this afternoon and I am nearly caught up! That means it's time to play...and your engine is going to be at the top of the list.

I've got my, Schwinn Jaguar, test bike ready. I'm going to put your engine in it "as is" just to see what it "was" doing. From there I'll modify it based on what it needs.

Jim
Hey Jim, I just looked at the message that you sent me. I didn't know that you fulfilled commercial orders. It's great news that you are finally caught up and can test as well as work on my engine! My latest engine is still in break-in, it vibrates a little less as I ride it more. Recently, I took it to full throttle with moderate vibration. I expect this to decline over time.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
My first engine was faulty. It had a terrible crank. The small gear on the crank spun like a cone. LOL I imagined my crank as a banana when it spun. It was almost sad. I vibrated like crazy and I was tired of numb hands so I halfway tore it apart and sold it for $20. I bought the whole 66cc kit for $99 so it was a good. GNT sent me a 48cc engine (Thanks) a while ago and Jim sent me some parts for free, or so I thought. When I went to pick up the box I didn't expect it to weigh so much. Turns out along with the parts he sent me a new 66cc RAW engine. (Thanks also). I now use that and the vibrations are there but not near as bad. My story shows that there are really nice people on this site........Oh........ and that there are such things as lemons. LOL

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
just getting the crank true in both axis will make a huge improvement, V blocks and a dial indicator and you can do it yourself. i'm sure they put lots of time into that at the china factory.lol.