New to the forums.

GoldenMotor.com

JonShneebley

Oct 8, 2013
Charleston,Sc
Hello all! My name is Jon and i have been building these bike for about 2 years now, and I decided its time that i started posting on the forums. I have some pics up of my previous builds, and some of my current build. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. drn2

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Jon. Glad you've joined the community. Lots of folks here to share this hobby with. You do good work. Thanks for joining and sharing your builds with us.

Tom

JonShneebley

Oct 8, 2013
Charleston,Sc
Actually, I think a straight pipe gives more power over an exhaust thats not custom made for the bike. The banana is slightly quieter than straight pipe.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The issue with an unmuffled engine is the enemies you make and the negative attention it brings to yourself and the hobby. The marginal power gains won't offset the bad impressions left by the annoying sounds. Just my opinion but shared by many here.

Tom

stephanie

Oct 12, 2013
Tallahassee
Hi Jonshneebley I am new to this world of motorized bikes and would like to know in you opinion whats a great new beginners kit for a college student like myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated, also what is this I have read about state and city laws? I know scooters are allowed here but are there different rules for bikes? Please and thank you :)

JonShneebley

Oct 8, 2013
Charleston,Sc
I prefer the ebay kits. I usually buy from a seller called boygoesfast (http://www.ebay.com/usr/boygoesfast), but he seems to be unavailable at the moment. I would suggest doing an ebay search for"motorized bicycles" and find a kit from a trusted seller with a high rating. The law varries depending on the state you live in. Try searching for your local motorized bicycle laws on google. eg: "South Carolina motorized bicycle laws".
In my state they require a front light, a rear reflector and/or a rear light, and at least one mirror. There also restrictions on how much power it can have.

Hope this helps.
-Jon

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I use mingsinternational and rose 326 on ebay. Over 25 kits with no lemons. Only two bad coils which were replaced free and fast. Good quality and only $150 shipped to your door (in the US)

jeffromoocow

Oct 8, 2013
Crawfordville, FL
I am from just South of Tallahassee in Wakulla. I am running an 80cc (66cc) here and the cops don't even know the difference. Both the 49cc and the 80cc look exactly the same. I think that you are only allowed by law to go up to a 49cc without a license.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Lots of wacky claims in the motorized bike world and Rose is just one of them.

This has been discussed quite a few times and that motor size is a 66 CC motor similar to all the other 66 CC engines being sold.

There are no 80 CC motors made by anyone so that makes the 80 CC claim a blatant lie!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The 80cc claim is a marketing ploy and comes from way back when engine displacement by the Chinese factories calculated by including combustion chamber volume into the equation. That isn't how it's done. Cylinder bore and stroke are the only two measurements used and when you check these so called 80cc engines you'll see they are not 80cc. I don't care what the add says. Don't believe everything (anything) you read on the Internet.

Tom

JonShneebley

Oct 8, 2013
Charleston,Sc
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I figured it was too good to be true. I guess the best way to go if you want higher performance is to build a Puch hybrid like foureasy. Has anyone else had any experience swapping a Puch cylinder/head onto our crankcase? I know the transfers need to be matched.