NT carb and coaster brake question

GoldenMotor.com

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I bought an NT carb from pistonbikes. I followed the instructions on ThatsDax.
What about all the tubes on the CNS? I installed the needle (there were like 4 steps) I understand that the choke is on the new unit but am I missing anything? I could post pictures if it helps.

And I bought some 26' steel wheels from pistonbikes. I want to run regular V brakes. Can I take the coaster arm off? Do I need a free wheel? It just seems really narrow for the back.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
all the tubes on the CNS are to confuse and stupefy they are vents and other useless things that colect dirt as you ride down the road so if you have a NT dont worry
the NT is the easiest carb and in my opinion the only carb you need till you do any serious mods to the engine

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
There is a way to modify a coaster hub to run as a freewheel, but I am not sure how to do it. If you do it incorrectly, you can destroy your axle or even your entire hub, so if you find instructions online, make sure you follow them carefully. Alternatively, you can run v-brakes and leave the coaster brake intact. if you arent using it, its really not hurting anything, and if you remove it your rear hub will still be the same width. The coaster arm doesnt add anything except maybe a quarter inch to the width of the hub.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
the big question is does the hub fit in your frame or is it to narrow if you have a 7 speed frame it misht not fit because of the extra room for the cassette

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
I might just run a coaster brake in back and a V in the front. I don't know at this point. My dad is in town so I'll get some advice from him. He's been cycling since bikes had foam cushion suspension if that says anything.