Giant Simple Build

GoldenMotor.com

JimSbike

Oct 11, 2012
Nor Cal
This a a bike that I have been working on for the last week and it is my second build.

I started with a Giant Simple cruiser that I bought off of Craigslist for $200. I love the simple lines of the bike. This bike was only ridden twice before the owner decided they didn't like it and bought a different style of cruiser!

I started with a 48cc 4-stroke kit. I added tire liners, and added a front brake, and swapped out the handle bars, and added a wide crank kit. I added a wireless bike computer to track speed and distance. I custom painted the tank using duplicolor spray paint from the local NAPA store. I painted the exhaust, engine cover, rear sprocket and the assorted brackets black or high temp flat black.

I want to modify the seat post to move the seat position back about 6 inches. I will need to swap out the wireless bike computer. It doesn't like speeds over 16 mph. I put on the 41 tooth sprocket that came with the kit though ordered a 36 tooth from KIng's Sales and Service. It arrived on Friday and is a true work of art. I may swap this over next weekend.

The bike rides great and turns a lot of heads. Great for crusin the neighborhood and trips to the local market.

Jim

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Well done. I've always thought the Simple would make an excellent motorbike, with plenty of room in the frame triangle for a thumper. How did you make that paint on your tank fuel resistant?

JimSbike

Oct 11, 2012
Nor Cal
WheelBender,

Thanks! I used a standard Duplicolor enamel clear on the build for my wife"s Schwinn Point Beach cruiser and I spilled some gas on it and it has a light cloudy area where the gas hit it. For this tank I used a clear, by Duplicolor, that is made for wheels. It is supposed to be chemical resistant. We'll see how well it works.

JohnnyR,

The bike pulls pretty well. I do not know what top speed it has because the wireless computer I put on fails at 16 mph. I have ordered a new computer. Once I get it installed I will give an update.

Jim

JimSbike

Oct 11, 2012
Nor Cal
BigBlue, JimsFelt51, MannHouse51,

Thanks!

I took it for a 5 mile ride today after work. We had rain earlier in the day but it cleared up enough to take it for a run. The bike runs and rides great. It should be illegal to have this much fun! It's a real head turner!

I did order fenders for it and will post pics once installed,

Jim