Gas???

GoldenMotor.com

philmuck

Sep 29, 2008
Okay guys, I got the kit put on a few days ago and tried to fire her up and did once but then after abt 5 sec of running it went dead and the chain came off, and with it being midterm week here at UGA (University of Georgia), i havent had time time put the chain back on and realign the sprocket but was just wondering if when the petcock is turned on just sitting there should i beable to see fuel flowing down the clear line bc i dont...

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
If You Push The Trickler On The Carb And It Still Does Not Flow Then You Filter Is Probably Clogged These Tanks Have Loooots Of Crap In Them From The Get Go

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
It is very hard to see the fuel flowing through the fuel filter or the fuel line. If your bike stops running and you are not out of fuel. the fuel valve sometimes get stoppped up take off the cap and pressure up the tank with your lungs don't inhale unless you want to see very strange things and hear strange noises and please don't be smoking we you do this.
I know it don't sound safe and proper but it will sure beat walking and it should get you on your way.

philmuck

Sep 29, 2008
I can see very little gas in the line when the petcock is on not enough to really see flowing though just trickeling. Cleaned the filter out it was fine.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I can see very little gas in the line when the petcock is on not enough to really see flowing though just trickeling. Cleaned the filter out it was fine.
Thats normal...if you can see gas flowing in your line something is wrong. These motors just use a trickel of fuel so a trickel is what you will see in the line.
Your fuel line will most likely never be full...like old motorbike says, about 2/3 is all you will see.
:ride2:

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I only have 25 miles on my bike, but it's a similar deal -- there always seems to be some in the line, maybe 3/4 full, but it just seems to trickle, or maybe even just drip into the line from the tank.

Good luck with your exams. Geez, sure wish I could have had an MBc for commuting the 16 miles each way to school when I was at Simon Fraser. Where did my student loans go? Oh, yeah -- gas and parking for my guzzling '76 Firebird!

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I pinch my fuel line a few times with my fingers before and after the filter to fill the line up. Sorta like milkin a cow lol....I dont expect the younger members to understand, but the other analogy I was thinking of wouldnt be appropriate for a family forum.rotfl:rolleyes:(^)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I tried mine I keep hearing Inna Gotta Doveatta I must be doing somthing wrong I dunna know!!!!!!!!!everthing seems pretty I love you guys LOL

Last edited: