Intro post from California

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hello Everyone,

Just making your aquaintance and saying thank you to everyone for this highly educational forum. I do not yet have a MB, but I am planning on building one. My wife won't let me have a Motorcycle (too dangerous, even though I used to ride), so I figured the next best thing would be a bicycle based on an antique motorcycle.

I am interested in building something resembling an Indian motorcycle circa 1916 or so. I have already read a lot about different components. I would like to use a Worksman frame, so that I can fit a home-made tank under the top bar, and I also plan on trying to build a leaf spring front fork.

I have found a lot of information in many different posts, but would any of you know of a realistic price to pay for an old Worksman frame? I have been following a sale on ebay for just a frame, forks, and crank, and it has already hit $80+ with $20+ shipping. Is this what I should expect? I have gone to the Worksman web site, and I could get a bare bones cruiser for $299. Would this be a better deal? I plan on replacing the forks and most likely the crank, so I would just be using the frame and rims from a brand new bike.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments,

Gilbert

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome Gilbert, I'm sure you'll find all the answers you're looking for here, especially in the boardtrackers build forum. Good luck on your build, like to see it when it's done! Cheers!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. My wife will not let me get a motorcycle either. Motorized bikes are great for errands or just taking a spin.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thanks for the replies. This is a very friendly forum, I like that. It feels nice to be a small part of this community.

Gilbert