Newbie from SC with some questions

GoldenMotor.com

jason29307

Sep 23, 2016
Spartanburg, SC
Hi guys,
New to motorizing bikes but looking forward to it. Need some recommendations for my first build. I am wanting to do a chopper style bike. What kind of bike or frame would you guys recommend? I am pretty handy with tools and welding so that is covered. Also what is a good motor kit to start with? I see tons of different ones. When the motor kit says it will fit a 26" frame, what part of the frame are they talking about? Also, what would be a good bike or frame for something to resemble a board track bike? Thanks guys and I look forward to being here..

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome Jason, most of us started with a single speed beach cruiser build to keep it simple. The engine kit you use depends on what you prefer, I started with a 2 stroke kit that served me well. If you'll brows the vendors on the sides of the forum you will find everything you need.

jason29307

Sep 23, 2016
Spartanburg, SC
Thanks for the reply Greg. I am defiantly doing a 2 stroke engine style.
I see them all over ebay. I assume they are from China. Anyone have luck with those, or should I rely on one of the vendors on the side of the forum? Is a single speed beach cruiser easy to customize? Like adding longer forks and different handlebars?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have bought a couple of kits from eBay, and several from one of the larger company's that sponsor this forum. What you get from vendors here is better hardware and service, a lot of the eBay sites are just reselling kits they got in large lots. Some do pretty good when you have a bad part, some Don't. When you are talking about a kit priced below $200 or some as low as $110 they are pretty much disposable anyway.