New Build...

GoldenMotor.com

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Finally got the 2012 build together and running. Ended up putting on a SA 70mm front drum...two solid 26X1.95...an HD Freewheel...4 stroke air filter from Sick...black mounting plate...new plug...spring loaded tensioner I modified...1 gallon tank and a rear rack to mount the tank with a taillight.

Ended up getting a 75 degree day yesterday...so got a cheap can of flat black spray paint to paint the magneto cover.

Eventually...want to modify the exhaust with a gas heater pipe and paint it flat black with exhaust paint. We need to take off the rear sprocket...it'll be painted with the same paint. That way...will match the cover and the new mounting platform I put on this year.

Currently...am working on getting the carb cleared out. Sprayed cleaner into the intake and mixed cleaner with a gallon of gas I put in the tank yesterday. Hopefully...it will clear up the gunk in the unit. If not...will have to get another carb.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Another Schwinn Jaguar. They make a great platform for a motorized bicycle. I've had three and they're all still on the road and performing great. They are a step above the usual department store bike. Strong frames that will give you no problems. If there's anything that will improve the ride it's a lay-back seat post that will move your saddle back 6 or 7 inches. The Jag is notorious for being a little short in the crotch. The rearward mounted seat will make it a more comfy ride.

Yours looks good and I'm sure will give you many miles of pleasurable riding. Thanks for sharing with us.
Tom

Last edited:

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Another Schwinn Jaguar. They make a great platform for a motorized bicycle. I've had three and they're all still on the road and performing great. They are a step above the usual department store bike. Strong frames that will give you no problems. If there's anything that will improve the ride it's a lay-back seat post that will move your saddle back 6 or 7 inches. The Jag is notorious for being a little short in the crotch. The rearward mounted seat will make it a more comfy ride.

Yours looks good and I'm sure will give you many miles of pleasurable riding. Thanks for sharing with us.
Tom
Thought about doing the laid back seat post...but my build wouldn't work unless I move the tank above the engine. Was going to go with a traditional tank mount...until the fuel outlet wouldn't clear the bottom bar. Even on the rear rack...had to move the tank around until I could reach the cutoff. (There's a piece of 1/4" PVC plumbing pipe the clamps wrap around under the rack to hold the tank on.) Nice idea about the seat post though.

As soon as I get the bucks (on layoff right now and will be mowing yards until works picks up in a month or so)...will be getting a piece of stainless water heater pipe and building a custom exhaust. Buddy's got a welder at his dad's place...so we're going to put it together and paint it flat black.

Am hoping my the carb cleaner does the job with the build up inside that carb. Want to get out and ride...especially since the weather around here is getting nice enough to do so. Having spent a small fortune this year...am hoping I don't have to spend the same amount next year or in the future...unless I want to build a 2 stroke on a Cranbrook I was using last year.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
lookin' good, and ready to put the miles on!!!
I have seen another Jag with a Q-Matic somehere,,,
oh yeah, that was my last bike ;)
That Q-Matic was the best thing I ever got. Is actually the most worry free piece I have on any build. My buddy thought about using some steel clamps and rubber tubing to hook the bearing mount to the seat post to hold down the vibration.

Another thing I may have to end up doing is switching the throttle to the left hand side if I find my right hand cramps up too badly because of the carpel tunnel. My buddy also told me about a throttle which you use with your thumb. My left hand doesn't suffer the cramps at all. Either way...we'll find a way to work around this.

Now...the only thing left is to clean up my room/tools once we're sure the build is ready to be used on a daily basis. .weld

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I'll bet ur gonna have tons of fun ALL OVER S Idaho!
That's the exact reason I got the 1 gallon tank from Dax. May have to change the solids to Kevlar 26 X 1.95's with heavy tubes. Will put the solids on the Huffy I bought last year.

Gosh there's a lotta 4 cycle bikes coming 'round.

Best
rc
Not around here. The 2 strokes are starting to putter all over the place. I'm the only 4 stroke I've seen. Part of it is the cost and the rest is the ones I see can't have a car or can't afford one.