Robin - Subaru EHO35 - No Fuel Tank Ideas

GoldenMotor.com

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I want the best engine.. I think the land of the Japanese working man will get my money.. A bit of history.. My Japanese friend said that they hire Chinese in Japanese factories as well as a few Iranians in Japan for dirty work.. It is because that kind of work is beneath them as fruit picking and meat packing and cooking food industries is beneath the average welfare citizen in the US.The difference is they have legal immigration and inspect imports. Please, feel free to recommend a good gas tank replacement for one OR MORE of these engines. Do these engines pump fuel once started or are the gravity fed? Perhaps a standard tank with cut off valves tied into the line system? I want mine to look like this in time without filling 3 or more different tanks. Besides, I will save 60 dollars on gas tanks!!
I want it to look like the attached image or something similar but different. I like this stuff a lot.

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Roadkill, are you thinking of doing away with the engines' tanks and using a central feeding tank?

Unsure if engines will suck that far, especially since the tank might be lower than the carbs.

Besides plumbing THREE fuel inlets, you'd have to hook up THREE fuel return lines to the central tank.

Buying the $60 worth of engine tanks might be a better idea. You wouldn't have to worry about fuel return lines routed to central tank.

You'd also have additional two quarts' capacity using engine tanks.

Ya might need THREE fuel valves to isolate individual tank feedings. Pet shops might have brass acquarium valves that might work.

THREE engines would need THREE throttles unless you use a dual-pull lever and synchronize two engines.

Also unsure how two different engine systems on the same rear wheel would perform.

Sounds like a project. Try one engine install, then the second then the third.

Good luck..bld.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Thanks 57 I was thinking of a central.. Oh well.. Two lines for each motor might not be the best idea unless I mount the tank up high and the return might not push that far reducing HP or quality perhaps or just slowing fuel flow in general. Then that does it.. I will get a tanked one. I believe the robin's 24 ounce tank is 10 dollar cheaper but not as compatible as the 21 ounce for my BIKEMOTORPARTSkit. I like to give the little guy some business as well. I figure staton is going to be selling me lots of engines if I can sell these kits.. What do you recommend for the BMP kit a 24 or 21ox kit? I might as well ask for other stumblers.

Anyone else with suggestions of more than one motor and if a central fuel line worked for them or for external pump(s)?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Roadkill, in a multi-engine setup the smaller tanks are sufficient because they will continuously be filled by the auxiliary tank.

In my twin-engine setup there is a t-fitting and a primer bulb below the tank's petcock. The primer is necessary to purge the air and push gas into the tanks.

Others have mentioned that if if you plug the vents on both engines' gas caps, fuel should flow on demand from the central tank.

If you intend to assemble these on a business level, try to find a distributor that'll give you a better deal on engine prices.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Roadkill, in a multi-engine setup the smaller tanks are sufficient because they will continuously be filled by the auxiliary tank.

In my twin-engine setup there is a t-fitting and a primer bulb below the tank's petcock. The primer is necessary to purge the air and push gas into the tanks.

Others have mentioned that if if you plug the vents on both engines' gas caps, fuel should flow on demand from the central tank.

If you intend to assemble these on a business level, try to find a distributor that'll give you a better deal on engine prices.
That is a good idea. I think I understand you.. Say I have a 2 gallon tank mounted opposite the engine or above it on a trailer set up I could "drip" the gas into the actual engines own small built on tank using a cut off valve preferably to avoid excess spill or leaks? Maybe a small 12v fuel pump on a gas tank or can would be helpful in filling the small tanks unless the small engine tanks must be pressurized like on some cars I have heard. No matter just posting gets me thinking of yours as well as other/maybe new ideas.

Thanks for the post and ideas/facts!

r.ly.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I also understand the primer. I have seen inline primers I think.. It is like a suction to get the gas to the engine.. Yes like on most modern weedeaters and mowers.... I want a primer that looks like a submarine hatch valve/door lock.. Not really but pushing the little primer might take a while for the motor on the other side of the bike.. Might not.. Ok I must get back to work.. Getting worried here.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I've thought about removing the primer bulb and installing a tiny 12v pump after the petcock and before the t-fitting. That'd work well with multiple engines; just pinch the lines on the tanks you don't need to fill.

First I'll try plugging the vent caps to see if engine vacuum will draw the necessary fuel..bld.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I've thought about removing the primer bulb and installing a tiny 12v pump after the petcock and before the t-fitting. That'd work well with multiple engines; just pinch the lines on the tanks you don't need to fill.

First I'll try plugging the vent caps to see if engine vacuum will draw the necessary fuel..bld.
I just bought the motor with the tank on it. I will know what's going on soon enough..

Hey 57 is that a vertical shaft on your trailer????????

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yeah Roadkill, install one engine first, then the second.

No matter which two engines you install, you will absolutely LOVE!! the extra power the second engine contributes..wee.

My B.O.B. trailer had two pivots; the side-to-side pivot is at a 75-degree tilt forward. It is located less than one inch from the edge of the rear fender.

The up-and-down pivot is at the rear axle fork.