How cool would life be if.........

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just how cool would it be if our streets looked like this and 3 of those lanes were for Motorized Bikes only?

I would personally like it....especially with gas soaring to $5 a gallon!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
When I grew up and started cycling in the '60's one of my big influences was the story of "Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates".

I was fascinated that, in Holland, whole families traveled together via ice skates, and thought bikes could be the same. In warmer places they still can be great alternative transportation and the motor adds another dimension now that I'm older and sometimes too pooped to pedal.

It's too bad the prices are so high, and I can't seem to recall where I hid my money...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My fantasy! :)
When I was a little guy I had this idea of a city where everyone drove gocarts and the streets would look like the one you pictured. Cars would be restricted to a single lane and the carts had all the rest. Made me laugh when I saw your pic.
Tom

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
that would be great.. if there was a vote to make it happen. they would have mine.:) the world would be a better place if cars where just short of outlawed. or totally outlawed.lol but i dont drive, so its easy to say that. cool pic tho.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Ah, a utopian city: where bicycles (motorized and otherwise) are the dominant form of inner-city transportation, with busses and other forms of public transit coming in second. And cars, privately owned cars, are rare and used for transporting the family to a far off place on short notice. I would love such a place.

Too many people drive cars, around here it's often gas-guzzling SUVs, when they just don't really need to. Indy's public transit system is pretty poor for a city this size, but it is usable and I use it frequently. I drive my van only when I must, and when I must take the family with me. I almost never use it to go to work. And that decision has saved me money. (And spared a little pollution no doubt.)

Last edited:

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Maybe that city would be voted to be home of the Motorized Bicycle Hall of Fame, an informal museum which would have examples of home-built motorized bikes from the days of friction-drives to today's builds.