Birmingham Alabama

GoldenMotor.com

rickstwowheels

May 29, 2008
Greetings. Looking to build my first motorized bike. I have ridden bicycles and motorcycles for years but never thought of combining the two. I look forward to chatting with some of you.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You've come to the right place...a lot of us are into two wheelers of any description. I've been riding bicycle and motorcycles most of my life, but just started with the motorized bicycles last year.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Lots of knowledgeable folks here that are more than willing to help if you get stuck on something. This is a great forum. We're glad you joined us....................

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. you will love a bicycle with a motor on it. very addictive and fun. glad to have you with us

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
I'm an hour north of you if you want to test ride a GEBE 2 cycle.

I've cruised all those hills a couple of times, and my customers down in Jefferson/St.Clair and Shelby Co.s found my bike dealer in Decatur is about $25-50 less on identical models.

rickstwowheels

May 29, 2008
I'm an hour north of you if you want to test ride a GEBE 2 cycle.

I've cruised all those hills a couple of times, and my customers down in Jefferson/St.Clair and Shelby Co.s found my bike dealer in Decatur is about $25-50 less on identical models.
Does your dealer sell motors or just bikes?

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
Bike shops are forbidden from adding engines, it voids any warranty.

The three frames I use are the Schwinn Jaguar at $135 plus tax (available at Target and WalMart), the Sun Retro 7 Cruiser, which is the one I use at $260-280 with the 12inch saddle, and the Sun Comfort Rover, which fully decked out with heavy spokes, slime tubes, tire liners, mirrocycle at around $350.

What I've heard, especially one customer in Vestavia who called all around, those two Suns are about $25-50 more in your neck of the woods.

rickstwowheels

May 29, 2008
Bike shops are forbidden from adding engines, it voids any warranty.

The three frames I use are the Schwinn Jaguar at $135 plus tax (available at Target and WalMart), the Sun Retro 7 Cruiser, which is the one I use at $260-280 with the 12inch saddle, and the Sun Comfort Rover, which fully decked out with heavy spokes, slime tubes, tire liners, mirrocycle at around $350.

What I've heard, especially one customer in Vestavia who called all around, those two Suns are about $25-50 more in your neck of the woods.
Cool, thanks for the info.