Any other vendors for these parts?

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Was over at thatsdax.com and found that he carries some parts that I need/want ie. a factory jet ($1.99), union washer ($1.49) and a couple cable keepers (99¢ per) checked my basket and the grand total was only $5.46, COOL! Then I went to complete my order and the shipping was $9! Give me a break! I could see that if I were ordering a crankcase but 4 parts that probably weigh less then an ounce total???!!

For giggles I started adding more items to my cart and the shipping never changed, Carb $9, gas tank $9, chain $9 but once I got over $50 worth of stuff I don't need the shipping was free. laff.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Metric machine thread hardware is definitely not a popular thing as far as most American corporations are concerned, no it'snot. Blow your nose first, cause you'll pay through it.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Remember shipping doesnt just involve licking a stamp and putting it in the mail box. It needs pulling, then boxed and labeled plus packing it to make sure its right. In business every detail involving a product or an employee costs money even sitting on a shelf. I think DAXs prices are competetive and you cant beat the service.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
But $9 to ship 4 parts that are so small I could put them in one hand and no one would even know they were there is just too much.

lovehamr

Oct 9, 2009
GA
But $9 to ship 4 parts that are so small I could put them in one hand and no one would even know they were there is just too much.
I know what you're saying but it's not like they snuck that in on you. Their $9 flat rate for parts is listed right on the fist page of their site. If I were to need small parts, I'd be checking Kart stores, lawnmower shops, Lowes and their ilk. If I had to get it from one of the MB dealers I think I'd just wait untill I could order enough to justify the expense to myself.

Steve
drn2

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
lol - be glad it's a $9 flat rate and not the minimum weight default some ecatalogs have, .25 - .5lb adds up quick :p UPS/fedex can be a buncha bastids too when it comes to package fees, its not always the distributor's fault.

BTW, ya'll should keep an eye out fer that - though I've not seen it around here, it's pretty common and I've seen S&H "mistakes" on some sites that have a screwdriver or w/e @ 5lbs shipping o.o

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
To be a smart consumer do what Joe said, look at home depot and lowe's web pages first. Some of the time you can have them shipped to the store free. Sometimes they have it at the store, and not on line. A lot of times I find things local for the same price or even less if you count in the shipping cost.

LMN8R

Nov 4, 2009
HOUSTON
Hello All,
New Member Here! Am I excited or what? This is my first post, and it seems only approriate that I commend Mr. Kevlarr for fighting the frugal fight! People like us are the only reason that shipping doesn't start at $12 flat rate.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I will mention that it takes me 4-5 dollars in gas plus my time to go buy stuff at HomeDepot, but it's more fun than waiting for the mail man.