RI. Ride take 2 May 19

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
This Ride will be staged from a small park in Smithfield, RI.
20 Old forge rd.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=old+forge+rd+smithfield+ri+02917&spn=0.021538,0.039343&hl=en
We will meet up around 11 and hit the road around 12. I'll be their earlier. Probably around 10:30.

But be forewarned their are no facilities. Just trees and hiking trails. Parking is on street only, but their is almost no traffic at all. All roads on the wrought have ether a 25/15 mph speed limit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbgbvL1pYgA&list=ULfbgbvL1pYgA&feature=player_detailpage
I ride these roads almost every weekend and almost never see cars except for a few select spots.
Their are also several hotels within a 10 min drive of this location.
Also be forewarned that the laws governing motorbicycles in RI. are sketchy at best ,but i have never ben pulled over when encountering police on rides. And I have never seen police while in the area I have chosen for the ride.

Last edited:

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
I'll see if I can make this one. Just found out my son (23) is moving back home from Texas and will be here the weekend before so I can't guarantee anything. He's gotten himself into a bunch of financial trouble.

I met a guy that works at the HF in Warwick last night that has a couple motorized bicycles and is on this board, but for the life of me I can't remember his screen name. I told him about you having a ride recently and he is definately interested in attending an event. It didn't sound like he knew there was a place toward the bottom of the forum page where people had get togethers. Hopefully he'll see this one since I told him where to look for events.

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
My wife just got back from traveling for work last night and I told her about the ride. She reminded me that we have a wedding we have to go to that afternoon so looks like I'm out again.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Next weekend!
Fingers crossed for at least a few riders. Seems like slim pickings on the east cost this year.

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
its getting close, i will try to make it if i can find a babysitter. have you had any more replies?
I hope you can make it. I know Jim/Russell is planning on attending . Also I placed an add on Craigslist, and had 2 people interested in coming. So maybe 4 so far, fingers crossed. And you never know how many lurkers may or may not show.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Just to let every one know. I have 2 wroughts planned out for this ride. One 10mi ride and one closer to 20 for later on. These are the same as Jim and I rode last time.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Man....... I wish bike was done, couple more weeks still. Are you guys going to the Lars Anderson bike show this year?

shreky_78

May 15, 2012
riveriside ri
dance1
This Ride will be staged from a small park in Smithfield, RI.
20 Old forge rd.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=old+forge+rd+smithfield+ri+02917&spn=0.021538,0.039343&hl=en
We will meet up around 11 and hit the road around 12. I'll be their earlier. Probably around 10:30.

But be forewarned their are no facilities. Just trees and hiking trails. Parking is on street only, but their is almost no traffic at all. All roads on the wrought have ether a 25/15 mph speed limit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbgbvL1pYgA&list=ULfbgbvL1pYgA&feature=player_detailpage
I ride these roads almost every weekend and almost never see cars except for a few select spots.
Their are also several hotels within a 10 min drive of this location.
Also be forewarned that the laws governing motorbicycles in RI. are sketchy at best ,but i have never ben pulled over when encountering police on rides. And I have never seen police while in the area I have chosen for the ride.

HEY IM INTERESTED IN THE RIDE WHAT DAY IS TO GO

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I will be there. Paul sent pizza and beer!

(from the islands. Beer will be warm and the pizza will be cold but it is pizza an' beer!)

My 2 favorite food groups