billy Lane's 1917 Henderson inspired

GoldenMotor.com

lalotte

Nov 4, 2010
Inglewood, CA
I was messing around with Photoshop and came up with this drawing for a Billy Lane 1917 inspired Motorized bicycle. I tried to simplify the drawing as much as possible using common bicycle parts. The only custom item here would be the tank and frame. The bike would measure over 83", front to back. Enjoy!
I'd love to put my Kohler 4HP engine on this with a Comet CVT.
Ah, dreams.........;o)

Attachments

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Looks like ur off to a good start on the concept for a tribute bike!
an old Kohler would be dandy!

...whew! this leaf springer has a rocker on it... I can unnerstand how it works! :)
rc

lalotte

Nov 4, 2010
Inglewood, CA
I've been working on an engine I found at the swapmeet. A kohler k91. Problem I see so far is it guzzles more gas than a V8 350.
My 14yr old boy loves the sound the engine makes. Too loud for my old ears.

CCC, if you need a full size printout of that drawing, let me know.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Can we all have a full size print out :)

I think we'd all like one of these frames, great work..... but then again i absolutely love Billys Henderson that yours is based on

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I will take one...if ya don't mind. I measured my BTR and its around the same length which is nice...

I see you are in L.A. what area? Never mind that question...I see you are in inglewood...real close

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Isnt Inglewood a tough area? Or am i mixed up, but i thought it was like Compton?

Ive been known to listen to Hip-Hop (i realise not everyones cup of tea) and ive heard them going on about Inglewood LOL

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
If you want something different, how about one of these....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2A016-III-MILITARY-STANDARD-ENGINE-MS39298-2A016-3-/150534255016?item=150534255016&vxp=mtr

Here's a vid....they sound decent, would sound even better if you could get the idle speed down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=najr3J5uNhw

I think they'd be fairly compact and look cool after you strip all the OD green, shrouding and cooling fan off. Nice deep fins, exposed pushrod tubes ect.

They're OHV and I think they have pressurized oiling as well.

MHF