Should I trim up this Back Fender ?

GoldenMotor.com

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Rat Rod it's a 26" wheel Bike and am planing to stay with 26" Wheels . If you Guys really think I should not go wild and build this Frame into a motorized Let me know . I will have to weld an Engine Mounting bar at the Lower mid frame to mount my 97cc 4 stroke Engine . I can build a Different Bike if that's what is best to do .

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Ahhaaa, what to do........ i say motorize that sucker and do it all the way then ride it and park it like the beast it will be.....for me no motor no Balls.....will you really ride it as often without an engine? besides once youve done it its your creation, your stamp on the planet of creativeness

Last edited:

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Thanks ratrod for the Kick in the pants to get me going again Let the build begin get this Joker Rolling Ha-Ha

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Today I took the Fuel Tank off the 97cc 4 stroke Engine that I am going to use on My Bike Build . I will be using a frame mounted Gas tank . So with the Engine Mounted tank off I did a quick set in place test fit . Looks Like I can make it work . Also here is a photo of that H.D Husky Brand Rear Wheel I bought . Going to start mounting the hub adapter and drive gear on to it .

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
that motor looks like is gonna put down some awsome horsepower.
have you thought about rusting out the springers?

i might rust out my rat its growing on me...............

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
ratrod I am going to Leave the springer shinny want a Little chrome . That 4 Stroke Engine is a Nice small size But I most Likely will have to custom make a Pedal crank that will fit the build correctly . I want to get to the point with the frame / Welded Engine Mount Bracket that I can finish the rest of the work in the basement on bad weather days . It's fun to work on this Bike instead of all the old cars I usually work on .

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Cool nothing wrong with a little bling. I had to fit a wide pedal 3pc crank to clear my expansion chamber and I love ho much more cumfy it is to ride.
By the way I love the old cars I have a pair of 1970s coupes that been with me since my teens. But I don't work on them as a living only as a hobbie big difference and expensive

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Spent a Little time on the Motorized Bike build today as I was doing some Laundry to Help out My wife after her recent knee surgery . I decided to flip the clutch around by do so I can mount the engine more center in the frame . This should keep the balance of the Bike much better and the oil drain plug will also have more clearance . I also trimmed the Fuel Tank mounting ear boss off the head . I don't need it with the Frame mounted Gas Tank . And now I can move the Engine more forward too . My Sprocket Hub adapter is still at the Machine Shop should have it back Later next week . I did drilled the mounting holes in the Sprocket here I just set it on to see about were the engine will need to be mounted .

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
Hey Tango hows your mods comming along ....i like your motto if its in the way and it aint needed lets cut it off !!!

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
I had the build on hold waiting for My Hub adapter Machine work to be done . But Last week I picked up that part . So I am back on the Build . When I was waiting I did build a Mini Bike that's all done and running with a 212cc Engine . It's a Blast to rid but not street Legal Like the Bike will be . Also I am thinking about a H.F 99cc Engine as a Back up Engine if this one don't work out well on the Bike Build .

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
The bike is coming along VERY nicely !
Looks GREAT!
The thread just got bumped up and I spotted it...

I've torn SO many fenders off and tossed them over the years! Yikes!
Wish I had em all back, again...

Keep the old stocker as is...
Get a china fender and hack it to pieces to make the shape you'd like to have.. I'm sure they will send a boatload more over to us!

Best
rc

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
I did some work on the Bike today . I cut the Engine Mounting Brace Leveled it then made the correct angles and notched it out . That Brace will be Fitted inside of the Frame . I only overlapped it to make the marks were to cut it . I Was getting ready to weld it up then the Weather got bad Real Quick . I want to get this Frame done so I can move along on this Build . Then I can do the rest of the Build in the Basement .

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
hey Tango

Looking good there!!!! the stance on your bike is already awsome, you make me want to start another build....one of those vintage schwinn bikes came up on ebay aus and i was outbid at $270 they are so rare over here...
i am really interested in your motor set up and how it will perform....i am leaning towards 4strokes now the guys on the forum are doing some awsome mods to these engines..